• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Rush - CPU/GPU Utilization Question

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers I've used Rush on lately. 

On one, I'm seeing 100% CPU usage during video editing/playback in Rush on an older 6-Core Sandy Bridge Processor and nil use of the installed 1080TI during this process. 

On a work computer with no discrete GPU, we have an 8700k with integrated Intel 630, and we see the 630 gpu go to 100% and the CPU used rather sparingly during playback.  Nowhere in rush do I see settings to adjust any of this. 

Do these characteristics makes sense?  Is there something about the integrated gpu that allows Rush to use it and something about the 1080TI that does not? 

Bottom line is the newer system with the better processor, doesn't seem to use the fancy CPU much, but uses the rather weak gpu and yet gets pretty good performance on 4k footage.  The older system with the cutting edge GPU ignores it and bogs down using only the CPU, and stuttering on low quality to the point of making it very hard to get things done.   

Appreciate anyone who understands this a bit better and can either explain this varied behavior or can help me tweak the settings as required.  Thanks.

-Scott  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Scott!

Interesting situation, I'm learning a lot from it. I have some more questions!

Are you using the same footage on both computers? Could you give me some info on the footage? What's the frame rate (24, 30, 60, etc) and the resolution (1080, 4k, etc). Most importantly, what is the info regarding the first clip you're putting in the sequence? That first clip determines your settings for the entire project, as I'm sure you know.

This behavior may make sense based on the answers to these questions. Let's find out together!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for following up. 

Same project is being opened on both PCs, the 8700k machine is brand new so I was curious to see how it performed as a modern 6 core with just the integrated GPU.  I created the clip originally on the older machine and it really struggled to play it back, which made editing painful.  The new machine performs so much better, but seemingly by relying on the GPU, not the modern CPU architecture, hence my confusion.

Footage is all DJI Mavic Air created, 25fps, and 4k. 

Does that help any?  Thanks.

Regards,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps a lot, thanks!

Well, what I DO know is that you've got two machines with very different hardware, so it makes sense that they would handle processes differently. What I don't know is whether or not Premiere Rush is able to detect the 1080TI GPU, which would explain the reliance on the CPU. We're investigating the 1080TI detection right now! I'll let you know what we find, it might be a day or two.

Thanks,

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline,

Indeed, the generational differences is what I assumed were dominating.  The Sandy Bridge hexcore is rather dated, although still quite powerful in many way and supported by a very high end gpu, whereas the 8700k is quite new and yet relying on a integrated GPU with a fraction of what the 1080TI is offering.  Strange behaviour, and very interested in anything you find out.

Regards,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted a comment in another thread the same issue as described here.

I also cannot get Adobe Premiere Rush to work with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti. It does work with integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 however.

At first I thought it is footage as it was also taken with DJI Mavic Air, but then I tested it with samples that come along with Adobe Premiere Rush. Also with embedded samples it switches back to Intel GPU.

Then I disabled Intel GPU in BIOS and tested it again. This time, it was CPU that was doing all the work.

I upgraded NVIDIA driver to the latest NVIDIA Creative Ready Drivers​ but it is still the same.

Damian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Did you find the answer how to make GUP work? I bought dedicated graphics card for Rush and I'm not using it!!

Lukasz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello anyting on this issue yet? I have a macbook pro 16 and only my cpu's get used never my gpu. I have both an internal gpu and an egpu. None of them get used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue on PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that Rush uses Nvidia GPU, but not AMD Radeon GPU. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with both my onboard AND extra GPU.

Intel 630

NVIDIA 1050 ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines