• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Rush don't recognize mp4 files anymore?

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago I edited some mp4 clips in Rush and exported them into some new mp4 files, it worked fine...

Now when I try to open the projects again, or make new ones, Rush wont recognize any mp4 files.

Not even the ones I exported through Rush.

I can't find .mp4 in the supported formats anymore. Was it removed? Or why did it stop working?

This is what I get when I try to relink the exact same file into my project:Error.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oskart are you on Mac or PC, I've just had a look in Rush on my PC and mp4 files are definitely still supported.

Your error message looks like it is suggesting that at some point the file type was changed.
Which is a different issue. Have you changed the file type at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oskart,

As mentioned by there is a possibility that the file type is changed and that's why you see this error message. But I am not sure why you are not able to create a new project with .mp4 media.

Did you try to create new project with the same .mp4 files with which you created the previous project or you tried with new .mp4 file? If you used old files, can you please try with new files?

For the current project, you can relink the missing media either from Timeline or Project Panel. To relink media follow below steps:

1. Right click on media on Timeline(Or select Relink option in Project Panel).

2. In the Browser window, go to the location where media is present.

3. select media and click on relink.

I hope it will help!

Thanks,

Swati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for the answers!  But after researching I think the problem is with the permissions of using codecs on the computer i was on. It must be, my clue is that no thumbnails of the clips show up in windows explorer. I have not changed the filetype, it's the same files (or any mp4s). Nothing else makes any sense.

Now on another computer the thumbnails show up and I can import the same files in to Rush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Rush also not seeing the MP4 file that i'm trying to upload...? It is playing fine on my windows but when I try to upload Rush is not seeing the file...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I am trying to upload some .mp4 files but get the message, " The importer reported a generic error.". Bizzaire!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have an explanation to the mp4 problem. The mp4 files I am unable to open in Rush were previously opened in windows video editor. The mp4 files that have never been opened in windows video editor, I have no problem opening. Perhaps an action wve takes, does something to alter the file thus making it unreadable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I used OBS to create MP4 capture and Rush does not recognize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to introduce an intermediary to "pre-process" the file before Rush and other applications can work with it. Try saving it as a different file by importing it into Adobe Media Encoder or Handbrake, then exporting out to a fresh .mp4 file.

How to Use Adobe Media Encoder: A Beginner's Guide
https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-use-adobe-media-encoder-beginners/ 

How to Use Handbrake

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/1.3.0/introduction/quick-start.html

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rush would be an easy to understand and useprogram. 1,2,3 and content like a pro. Now I haven't even started and have been struggling with file types for an hour. An Adobe joke, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines