• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Rush Mac: Where is Project File stored locally?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question has been asked before by others and never answered so here it is again.  I created an Adobe Rush project on a Mac (PC users have the same question).  I UNchecked synching it to the cloud (I don't need Adobe to have access to my files).  I know where the media files are stored in my user file but where is the PROJECT file stored locally?  It must be stored somewhere local because the project opens just fine when I'm not connected to the internet.  Repeat: It opens fine when I'm not connected to the internet.  Please don't respond that it's in the cloud (re-read above).  Please don't tell me I can open it and Premiere and have that project file (I need to send it to a colleague who's using Rush and the project files are not backward compatible).  Thank anyone in advance for their help and patience.  I've googled this endlessly, found similar questions but nobody who answers the question being asked.  Where is the Rush project file locally when the option to save it to the cloud has been denied?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Hi Dan,

A Rush project cannot be shared with others, as you can do with other applications. It's a popular feature request, though. Upvote here. I can't really recommend how to workaround this issue, sorry.

The Rush Project itself lives partially in the Cloud and partially on your computer. Pieces of a Rush Project are scatterered in both places, and is simply not currently designed to collaborate with others.

Keep in mind that Rush is a very young tool and is still being developed. It could

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike programs like Premiere Pro or Premiere Elements, Rush doesn't save its projects as individual files on your device's hard drive. It saves it as part of a database on your system.

I don't believe it's possible to locate a specific Rush project file on your Mac, even if it is saved locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve.  I'd love to hear you wisdom on why that might be the case, since it's not the way it handles files within its other CC software (to my knowledge).  It creates a workflow problem for me as I'm attempting to collaborate on a Rush project with a colleague on a separate system.  There appears to be no way to do that as there's no file to exchange or place on a shared drive or server.  I know Pro can open Rush projects and create a file that way, but then the file is not backwards compatible to Rush.  We are attempting to avoid the complexity of Pro. Also curious why Premiere Elements (which could be a compromise software) is not part of my CC subscription.  Oh, well.  It's a head-scratcher all around.  If you have any workaround ideas, I'd appreciate your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

A Rush project cannot be shared with others, as you can do with other applications. It's a popular feature request, though. Upvote here. I can't really recommend how to workaround this issue, sorry.

The Rush Project itself lives partially in the Cloud and partially on your computer. Pieces of a Rush Project are scatterered in both places, and is simply not currently designed to collaborate with others.

Keep in mind that Rush is a very young tool and is still being developed. It could "one day" work in the way you expect it to, but for now, we have to ask for your patience. Again, make that feature request.

In the meantime, I have been having a great time collaborating with myself. I keep the project in Rush until I can do no more, then I bring it into Premiere Pro for finishing and audio. Great fun.

Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements are tailor made for prosumers and hobbyists and, therefore, not suitable for professional creatives that use tools in Creative Cloud. Plus, these products provide alternatives for paying for our software. If you'd like to have these tools in Creative Cloud, you can make that request as well, here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin, I want to share my Rush project rather like a template that others can edit and export from.

Would a work around to there being no project file to send and open, be logging into another users Adobe login, recreating the Rush project in their cloud? Would they then be able to use that on their machine, without me physically being on their machine to set it up for them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so how do you relink files into adobe rush after the projetc has exported a finished .mpg and the app has been closed? the movie and sounds files are still accessible on my external drive but as far as i can see (and i'm a rookie) adobe rush has no way to re-connect them again... thanks for ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer but its so frustrating and ridiculous. I pay licences since 15 years and I'd like to be able to manipulate and share every project or file I produce with teammates or clients. Adobe Rush is a very interesting solution, we don't need to be expert to produce appealing videos but it's unsable in professional context.

Ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines