Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is music in Adobe Rush and Premiere Pro royalty free

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm working on some promo videos for amazon and was wondering if the soundtracks included in Adobe Rush are royalty free. I've also used a few free preview soundtracks from Premiere Pro and was wondering about those as well. Thanks! 

TOPICS
Feature request , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

The Rush soundtracks are completely free and royalty-free. Premiere offers royalty-free music but you need to license it. 

Best!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Hi @Niaouli,

I read your message. You say you are getting copyright notices from Facebook. Did you happen to use Premiere Pro to finish your Rush video? That can cause this problem.

Which version of Rush are you using? It may be that certain tracks have rights that may have expired by now. I can let the team know. I hope I can help you. Sorry for this frustrating issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 108 Replies 108
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for me as well, it looks like artists that sold their music to Adobe for use in Rush are now trying to monetize it as well in Youtube. Any solutions Adobe or are we just supposed to guess which music track is going to get flagged and then have to swap it out and reupload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly my question. I want to be on the safe side when I use Soundtracks out of Adobe Rush. what does it mean when above, Peter from Adobe says "you need to license it"? is this something I need to do on YouTube, like a box to tick?

Also, Where in the Adobe Legal Texts or T&Cs does it say that I can use the Soundtracks for Commercial use in my Rush videos, worldwide, and without time restraint? - I only found a similar answer in FAQs, but it was a bit broad, and I could not find specifics in the Legal texts: https://www.adobe.com/legal.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving a take down notice for a song on Instagram. The track is listed in Adobe RU as EDM POP Chains by Cap Sun Pro Audio.

the take down notice is for 

Never Trust Her by Gordon Hudson

and listening the tracks they do sound the same? Can someone from Adobe advise?  Who is the legitimate owner of this music? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, 

Unfortunately, I keep getting the same issue as listed here when using music from Premiere Pro / Rush. I assume that may mean that this hasn't been solved? 

Could I have some advice on this please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@petergaraway 

I just posted a video on youtube using premier rush on ipad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bktCXGF9uSI&ab_channel=Appy%27sUniverse

After few minutes got copyright claim. I just used rush app on ipad and I have creative cloud subscription which is first 7 days trial till 29th December 2022 and then after this date actual service will start.

What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear sir 

I have a adobe premiere rush subscription and I have edited a video from adobe music after that's I have upload on YouTube but I have received copyright from YouTube 

What can I do to remove this ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've had the same with two videos i uploaed to YT... I re did them but witha 20min video taking 2hrs to render... its time consuming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, made a video today with Adobe Rush using audio from the Adobe Rush royalty free music library, "Jazz Hop Summer." The audio has been flagged by Facebook as copyrighted and removed from my video. I contacted Adobe Support to day and they informed me that the audio has to be licensed throughAdobe Stock, despite the fact that the Rush audio is advertised as royalty-free and included with the Rush subscription. I am not paying for an additional subscription to license music that is advertised as included in this plan. This is false advertising on the part of Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 4.09.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that Music in Adobe Premier needs to be licensed. In Adobe Rush it is to be royalty free and ready to use When mine was taken down by IG I appealed and cited the source and they reinstated it. I would appeal it through Facebook if you can. It is more likely automation is doing this than an artist claim. Good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appealing is fine, but the problem is that with content that is being made for social media (and considering that is exactly what Rush is designed for), a copyright claim as soon as the content is posted means that from an algorithm standpoint, that content almost becomes dead in the water. Even after an appeal, to try to re-gain the momentum of engagement and algorithmic distribution on that content is a hugely uphill battle that... basically isn't worth the effort anymore at that point.

Adobe, as a company specifically geared toward creative professionals, should be able to grasp what an untenable and unsustainable situation it is to have constant copyright strikes on content that Adobe has claimed to its users is clear to use. If they are not able to substantiate that it is clear in practice, then they should not continue to profit off of their marketing that it is - a basic case of business ethics, in my opinion. It's also clear from these forums that they have been grappling with this issue since at least 2020, and yet still with no clear path to resolution. In the best case, it is negligent on their part and in the worst case, it could be considered downright deceptive to claim that this content is cleared to use while it continues to be flagged by unsuspecting, paying users on a regular basis to this day.

Additionally, there is a huge disconnect between the information provided by Adobe Support via chate and Adobe Support here on the forums, specifically the Rush team. While I understand that Adobe is a large company with many products, they should have the infastructure to support their customers with accurate information and support professionals who understand the products they are managing - after all, we are all here paying (in some cases hefty sums) for "pro-level" software products. Competent and informed support should be a baseline standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to update - I have received a call from Adobe Support regarding this issue. It has been confirmed to me that Adobe OWNS NO RIGHTS to any of the music provided in Rush; rather it is supplied by a partner network of creators that Adobe has an agreement with, who have the ability to revoke the permission to this music at any time. 

In this case, if Adobe is "lending" music to endusers via Rush, then this should be properly disclosed and described as such. Personally, I will never use another piece of audio supplied by Adobe as this is not how my previous experience with royalty-free music providers has operated. I stand by my original feelings that this is **at best** negligent on the part of Adobe and at worst, a deceitful and malicious business activity - I lean towards the latter as this issue has been raised multiple times over multiple years within this forum, with no change in practice nor marketing by Adobe other than being reactionary when this issue is inevitably raised time and again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced something similar with their "EDM Pop Chains" track, but I noticed YouTube flagged it as another track, forgot what it was, I suspect this is an error in the YouTube detection algorithm? So I'm trying to upload the video again after deleting that draft from YouTube. I will update here once it is uploaded in 20minutes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so YouTube flagged it again. So definetely looks like an issue. I'm quite upset at this, as I didn't experience this with other tracks. They should only use royalty free/monetizable tracks as creators rely on Adobe products to create content to earn money. Anyways hopefully they will sort it out in coming weeks! 

Here are the details:

Copyright owners
SourceAudio Holdings LLC
On behalf of: Music Of The Sea - Music Of The Sea - Music Of The Sea

Copyright owner is monetising in these territories

Content used
Impact on the video

Music Of The Sea - Chainsmokers Sh*t
MR ET
Content found during: 9:40 - 10:01

Video cannot be monetised
Ad revenue paid to copyright owner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come across the same problem with a different service. The company gave me a link to post in the video description which goes to the licensing page. The problem wasn't that the third-party/partner revoked the license. The problem is that other content creators are claiming copyright of the Royalty free music tha they are using. This is illegal since they do not own the rights. I think the problem is is that they own the video and it has the music in it so therefore, the music is also getting claimed as copyrighted. There has to be a page with the copyright information for the music in Premiere Rush, which we can post in our video descriptions. I am hopeful that somebody will eventually post this link. I still haven't found it. My searches are just finding more and more threads and forums where people are posting this problem, but nobody ever posts the actual solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @Jen Shipley,

I read your note:

I've come across the same problem with a different service. The company gave me a link to post in the video description which goes to the licensing page. The problem wasn't that the third-party/partner revoked the license. The problem is that other content creators are claiming copyright of the Royalty free music tha they are using. This is illegal since they do not own the rights. I think the problem is is that they own the video and it has the music in it so therefore, the music is also getting claimed as copyrighted. There has to be a page with the copyright information for the music in Premiere Rush, which we can post in our video descriptions.

Thanks. I'll forward your idea to the team.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having big problems using Adobe Rush SoundTracks

My videos are getting sued over copyright infringement. Losing my time explaining that is an Adobe problem with no success. Look under notes of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcGxMhnTe0I

And this always happened with Adobe Rush Soundtracks.

• Contenido con derechos de autor: Inspiring and Emotional Ambient
  • Autor de la reclamación: HAAWK for a 3rd Party

Example:

HAAWK for a 3rd Party

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well. Is there a resolution to this. When I loose my revenue even if it gets cleared later 90% of views happen in the first 24 hours. This is very disapointing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Just did my first Rush project and Youtube says I cant monetize it, not like I was anyway but sheesh! Can't Adobe address this or let you know up front that this is the case? Common!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than two years after this post, this is still an issue. Honestly, what is even the point of the library if we can't use it properly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ana,

Sorry. Can you describe your workflow in detail? Are you working with the mobile app or the desktop app? Are you using any other Creative Cloud apps? I can see if any issues I know of might cause this problem.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Alan. Are you exporting directly from Rush, or did you happen to move this project through Premiere Pro? Premiere Pro interaction would be one action that could cause copyright infringement. If you need to master your Rush project through Premiere Pro, it is better to use music you have the right to. These soundtrack files are for exporting directly from Rush.

Let me know if this info helps or not.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just happeened to me today as well on tik tok. What's the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens randomly to some unlucky users. It is triggered by YouTuber bad actors (bots users). Is a Youtube problem but as Ana mentioned: what is even the point of the library if we can't use it properly...

You need to take to youtube and find a way to pass them the license inside the video. In this way, external bad actors can't claim infringement automatically at random. 

What I do is mark that bot as spam or else. but is time-consuming so I do not use lovely Rush music anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines