• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone finding that Rush is deleting their movie files?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been developing in Rush for a couple weeks and just noticed that when I go back into projects to keep working with them that the original movies are missing. Fortunately I have a cloud backup of everything, but this is a massive pain as I do not want to continuously re-download multi-GB video files! Any ideas on how to fix the issue??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What device are you developing your video projects on? Where are your original movie files located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBookPro 15", Mid 2014, 16GB ram, OS 10.13.6

My movie files are located on an external hard drive within my Lightroom CC database.

So I am using Rush to do a base edit of video content (4k footage from a Nikon D7500 and 4K footage from a DJI Osmo Pocket) and clean up of the audio (Rush has fantastic noise elimination I've found out) that I then bring into After Effects for deeper work. Friday I opened the After Effects project which had 3 missing video files out of 20 or so. The interesting thing is the missing videos are the originals, not ones that I created from Rush...just ones that Rush had used on other edits.

After going into Lightroom CC and locating the files within the software (but missing from the actual previous file location) I saved them back into the folder they should have already been present in. This fixed the error in After Effects and everything was good to go...until yesterday when I reopened the After Effects project only to find that 2 of those same 3 video files were again gone.

As of this morning I opened the After Effects project yet again and no issues...yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your external hard drive always connected, up and running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is whenever I am working on video/photography projects. But no, it's a portable drive that is connected 98% of the time when at my home workstation. Disconnected when I travel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the actual video files also on this external hard drive? Lightroom keeps track of where the original files are stored in it's database however the video file themselves are not in Lightroom. If you open Lightroom and right-click on the video files, select Show in Finder for the location of the files to ensure they are on the same external drive.

What were the video files created on, smart phone - dslr - video camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, when I import photos and videos from my cameras all content is stored only on the external hard drive within the folder structure created by LR. So the videos I link to are the videos as set by LR.

Nikon D7500 24fps 4K

DJI Osmo Pocket 30fps 4K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines