• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black box in between clips

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will not tolerate this. I need to finish something by tomorrow and but something I have paid just so much money for is wasting my time. I spent hours editing a presentation thinking, "hey, this is Adobe, they're professional", but apparently not! I know there is no way to finish this now because an issue has occured. I am trying to overlay a video over another video, super simple. Everything is glitching and lagging and not working. I was also expecting more features in the rush version but no. I need to connect two videos but there's a grayish-blackish block in the middle, the color of the background and I can't find a way to connect the videos together. This is a long video and I've figured out that if I drag the next clip to the other side of the block, it might work, but I can't even drag multiple video easily with this software. Note this is a very expensive and brand new laptop as well, the 2019 15" Macbook Pro with Touch Bar, so that shouldn't be the issue. This isn't even a hardcore project, easily could be done with iMovie but I don't have time to search through to find all my clips again to try again there. I assumed maybe Adobe would have tried something better and different then iMovie but from now on I'll resort to there. I'm sure this is a mistake but don't charge customers so much for service like this. Also I noticed there's no chat system? 

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , How to , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually pretty straight forward to connect or overlap clips together: you'll need to move the second behind the first, and if it's *on the same track* as the first, it should snap right to the end of the first. If you prefer to overlap them, you can use the Transitions panel (Cmd +2 on Mac, Ctrl + 2 on PC) and drop a Cross Dissolve in between the 2 clips.

For a better understanding of Rush's workflow, please keep in mind that 1) all of your assets are stored in the Cloud, so you'll need a decent Internet/WiFi connection, and 2) the longer your clips are and the more you have, the more time it will need to sync over your connection with all devices. For instance, I have a tendency to work on the same 1 project on my personal Android phone, my work iPhone, and my Win 10 desktop work computer, so I make sure Rush shows me the project I have open has fully loaded all clips/media before I start doing anything on the timeline. 

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Freshtofly

I'm so sorry to see that Rush is giving you a hard time! Could you share a screenshot of the issue so I can investigate this on our end? I could also use a screenshot of the system specs that appear when you select the Apple logo in the top left of your screen and select "About This Mac"

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines