• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blank space at end of my video

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i finished editing my video but theres a bunch of blank space at the end of my video. so if my video in its final version that i want is 4 minutes long, it shows that after 4 minutes, there is like 3 minutes of blank footage and when i go to export, i have to export all 7 minutes (4 minutes of what i want) and 3 minutes of the blank screen. how i delete this blank screen? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

You likely have a few frames of video floating out beyond the end of your movie, most likely on an upper video track.

Drag, select and delete them, similar to as in the tutorial for Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You likely have a few frames of video floating out beyond the end of your movie, most likely on an upper video track.

Drag, select and delete them, similar to as in the tutorial for Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I also have this issue but I definitely don't have any stray footage left over. I've even dragged all the way to the end and deleted just in case. Any other ideas, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload a screenshot of your timeline? You may want to double check by zooming all the way out; even a fraction of a second clip could be holding in an extended area further down the timeline.

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anissa!  That was exactly my problem. I had a little piece of audio way at the end that when I deleted it, my clip became the proper length.  It's not easy to zoom out.... to see the whole time line all at once in Rush. I'll figure that one out soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer helped me, after hours of frutration, Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am having the same issue in Premiere Pro but this method did not work for me- any thoughts on how to remove the black space at the end of the timeline?Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 11.24.19 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

normally, when i export and it's like that, it only exports the media and not that blank space at the end... not sure how to get rid of it but i think it won't count as footage; that's just what i've encountered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. Nothing works now. Most people don't even have this problem. There are no stray frames, there is no reason for this extra time to exist. It's super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have no stray frames, and still am exporting hours of extra, blank footage at the end of my video. Which is incredibly irritating! I don't know if this is an update problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. My video was exported as 20 minutes, but the last 10 minutes were just blank space.

I fixed mine by going to the 10 minute mark, right clicking (on PC) and selecting 'Mark Out'. This solved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked and nothing. I hate when having to scroll between clips on the timeline, making the zoom bigger and smaller with 20 minutes of extra space I don't need. I want to make a 30 second video, yet there is no way to make the video that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Mark Out at the end of your sequence where you want the video to stop. Then go to Sequence drop down menu and choose Trim Edit. This worked for me by cutting off 10 minutes of black nothing after my video sequence had ended. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr, my situation is kinda similiar but it's complicated. In my case, all of my footages supposed to reach the exact sequence I had but after i exported the footages are somehow finished early leaving blank at the end of my video and also the audio used in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into a similar problem, with 12 seconds pf blank black screen w/o audio added to a 26 second video. Upon reviewing the export options, I found that you can define the duration of the export — I was able to fix it by selecting range: "entire source," but for people who have persistent issue, there are options to set a custom range (drag the time stamp sliders).

Shawna34273846bonh_0-1705014015711.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RUSH, and I selected with the box, like he said. Pressed delete and then backslash, and it didn't delete the blank area, but it added it to my clip, so that I could cut and delete it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve Grisetti, your solution worked for me. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking that there were frames of videos floating as well.  But, everything I tried didn't work.  Then I found this page and none of the suggestions here worked either.  Finally, I decided to delete the EMPTY tracks and that fixed the problem.  Now, keep in mind that if floating frames were on the tract, they would not be EMPTY!  So, this should not have fixed the probem but it did.  If it works, it works! lol

tianyac74330041_0-1675034911299.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was facing the same issue. But I could find it. In the timeline setting, minimise all  tracks and you can see any floating elements at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Range setting when you export it, helped for me to change from Entire Source to Source In/Out! (Guess it's because the video was trimmed from 25 to 15 mins.)

HansPetter33680451pqg5_0-1702733080043.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Zoom in as close as you can at the end of your last clip > Select the "Track Select Forward Tool" (to the right of your selection tool) > click on all the rows one by one > Delete 

Basically you're selecting everything aftewards and deleting it, row by row.   It's how I did it. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb1l5WTpLc4

Sign Up 👻👻👉 https://semicolon.dev/YouTube (We're free online community, meet other makers!) #premierepro #videoediting how to select everything to the right in premiere pro? how to select only audio clips to the right? how to move all clips to the right (common video editing technique.) how to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines