• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use a webcam to record video on Desktop

Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contrary to everything that it says on the product page, apparently Premiere Rush can't use a webcam on a PC to record video. Neither can Premiere Pro. You can import footage recorded elsewhere, but you can't actually record any footage using a USB camera plugged into your desktop.

So, which product out of the 50+ Adobe offers as part of the Creative Cloud subscription can use a webcam attached to a Windows or Mac computer to actually record video?

TOPICS
Desktop version , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am trying to figure out how to use adobe to capture video on my Windows 10 PC. Seems like I can't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you posted this a few weeks ago, but just in case it helps someone else: The product page doesn't mention anything about recording from your PC webcam. On the main Rush page there are two mentions of recording video with your mobile device for editing.

As for screen recording, that's not something Rush is capable of doing as it's a video editor. There are plenty of free screen recording programs out there with more robust features than Rush would ever get, just because they serve different purposes. 

For both screen recording and webcam recording you should both file feature requests (or vote on ones that likely already exist) on the UserVoice site: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Apparently Adobe does not make a product that allows me to use a camera attached to my desktop PC or the built in camera on my Windows or Mac laptop to capture the video. It's funny, it's such a basic piece of functionality that is included with other video editing products (Camtasia, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Resolve, even the free Windows Movie Maker) that I figured oh of course Premire Pro or Rush must have it. I must just be missing the option, buried in a menu somewhere. No such luck, but thanks for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea this is awful. Figure if you're paying for the Adobe Suite, you'd be able to do this basic thing. Why should I have to use another company's program?

This should be such an easy thing to do now. How many people are making vlogs and things now just sitting at their computer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this isn't true. This is a actual screenshot of this page:
https://www.adobe.com/de/creativecloud/tools/video-capture-software.html

r
Translation of the first Textblock:

It has never been easier to capture video from different sources - camcorder, VCR, webcam, etc. - in different formats like HD or HDV. No matter if you use digital or analog equipment: Control, capture and digitize features let you convert your video clips to edit them on your desktop computer, smartphone or tablet. Digitize tape footage. Or record video from your camcorder, deck or webcam. Realize every idea you can think of for your video projects - without any detours.

But there is no possibility, whether in Rush nor in Premiere to choose the webcam for recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_2020-11-22 Software zur Erfassung von Video nbsp;– Bildschirmaufnahme und Aufzeichnung Adobe.png

Screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for asking this question! I've been googling and searching menus and I'm assuming it is a security feature in Windows 10 that isn't making the device available but this should be so much simpler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only a usb attached webcam but a built-in laptop webcam seems extremely difficult to configure. I have given up and will probably cancel my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with the frustrations raised in this thread. 1) Why would Adobe not have something like OBS ; given there are Premiere and Auditions.   2) Why is Adobe bluffing so much about it's ability to capture videos from webcams etc, when most people expect you are talking about your Desktop products and not your phone app.  You have wasted so much of my time !!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is frustrating. And if you decide not to provide this functionality at all you could at least stop confusig users. This page is decievingly worded at best: https://www.adobe.com/de/creativecloud/tools/video-capture-software.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most frustrating.  Wasted heaps of time because I believed what adobe published about being able to record video (using a surface pro).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines