• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit titles on iPad (Premiere Rush)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you edit a title in an iPad??? I can add a title template. Or create a new title. But there is no way to actually select the title to change the wording. This is for the iPad version, so there is no way to select the text like you can on a computer. Click and hold on the title on the timeline only brings up DELETE and Copy. Touching, clicking, etc, on the Monitor window does nothing either. I've tried to touch and I cant seem to select anything from the Monitor.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

I figured it out.  You have to be in timeline view, not "edit the title" mode.   Try to hit "styles" then click on text in preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Was going crazy. Had the same problem, just fixed it.

Go to the bottom menu, all the way to the far right, and unselect the little arrow with a + sign. If it's the same issue as me, you'll be able to edit the title by clicking on it. I'm working on iPhone 8 with the latest iOS. Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tap once directly on the type. That will select the clip of the graphic.

Tap again directly on the type you want to change. That will select the text (a blue box will appear around the text).

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s what I thought would work. But it doesn’t. Tapping the text on the monitor does nothing. Tapping it again does nothing.

I’m using an iPad Pro (gen 1). Latest version of Rush.

I’ll keep trying I guess. I was hoping there was a selection tool I was missing.

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davids,

Happy new year!
Sorry to hear about your issue. This is rather unexpected.

Can you screen record this behavior so that we can see what's going on? How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there! So this is currently still an issue almost 3 years later and you still cannot edit the text. I would like to know why nothing has been done up regarding this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victoria,

Can you please send me a screen recording of this issue? 

Have you tried signing out and back into Rush? 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't edit the title too. The keyboard is not appearing for me to change the text when I select the layer that I want to edit. Tried tapping on the text but unable to select the text that I want to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on iphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David,

Its really strange. But you can try by relaunching the rush app. Also you can check the unlocking state of the track containing the title in timeline.

Thanks

Davinder Kaur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I’ve tried relaunching.

So far only solution is to use cloud sync, and edit on my PC using Rush.

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out.  You have to be in timeline view, not "edit the title" mode.   Try to hit "styles" then click on text in preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what is being described in this comment. I'm still having the same issue with not being able to edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was going crazy. Had the same problem, just fixed it.

Go to the bottom menu, all the way to the far right, and unselect the little arrow with a + sign. If it's the same issue as me, you'll be able to edit the title by clicking on it. I'm working on iPhone 8 with the latest iOS. Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your solution Patrick. The button you described (arrow with a + sign), is called the multi-select button. You're correct, when this is enabled, you cannot edit text. It's used for selecting multiple clips at the same time. 

Best, 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines