Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import mov. files

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

I have the following problem: I try to upload a mov. file to my project but get an error message saying: Media Import Eror. Unsupported media type. 1 of 1 media could not be imported.

Does anyone could help me with that? Is there any codec problem? It is a transparent lower third using an alpha channel, is that the problem?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Best, Dirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm . . . as a test I just imported two .mov files with transparency, one a ProRes 4444 file and one in Animation codec. Both files imported fine, but the transparency of the files was not supported when placed above another clip in Rush.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for testing, perhaps the reason is the no support of chroma key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dirk, I think this is an issue with the iOS version of Rush in particular.

iOS does not support some video codecs, Pro Res and it seems Animation being 2 of them:

why isn’t apple ProRes supported on ipad … - Apple Community

Videos with alpha channel transparency can be ProRes 4444 or Animation or PNG or similar image sequences, all of which aren't supported on iOS.

@megthedog -

I've tested videos with both ProRes 4444 and Animation codecs with transparency on the desktop version of Rush and they work fine on top of normal videos.

When trying to import these codecs on the iPad or iPhone version of Rush - you get error messages (unsupported file). You also generally get an error message when trying to save these types of files onto Camera Roll or Files on an iOS device. iMovie, Magisto or Clip won't take them. LumaFusion seems to take them, but not play them back properly. In fact, they come with an error message saying the files are not entirely supported.

IMG_5060.jpg

I think the solution would be for Adobe to integrate a way to import 'Motion Graphics Templates' created in After Effects and or Premiere Pro into Rush.

Submit a feature request here: Premiere Rush (0 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines