• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant drag clips in Adobe Rush

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im new to Adobe Rush and Im working on the desktop version. I know it says "just drag" but I cant make it work. they wont drag!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

I agree. They don't care, and I'm moving on to something else. They'll never answer. I'm on mobile and have the same problem, but they never care to respond. Can't believe I've paid them money for so long for such a crappy product.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Nope. Didn't help at all. Thanks for at least trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

To follow up to all the similar responses above:  No one has stated if these clips are on the MAIN TRACK, or any of the 3 additional tracks above the main track.

• The Main Track clips will always auto-snap into a position on the timeline so as to make everything flow sequentially. (Think of those clips like railcars of train: all the railcars must be connected in order for the engine to move the whole train.) If you need a space or GAP in your timeline between clips on the Main Track, you'll n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi placecraft, what platform are you using? (iOS, Windows, Mac, Android)

when you you say you are dragging clips, do you mean from one location to another on the timeline to reorder them? Or do you mean something else?

let us know and we’ll try to help!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, thanks for reaching out. I'm working on Windows and I'm referring to dragging clips within the timeline. Ive watched the tutorials and it looks like the easiest of things, and I can make all the other tools work, but for some reason I just cant move the clips around in the timeline. Your help would be MUCH appreciated. Thx, Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am facing the same problem.the track is unlocked and I am working on a windows pc.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks Ping 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you double-checked to make sure the video track is unlocked?

clipboard_image_0.png

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am facing the same problem.the track is unlocked and I am working on a windows pc.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks Ping 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Linda! 

Checking in on you. Were you able to figure out why you couldn't drag clips in your timeline?

Happy to help!

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline!

Hopefully you could help me with the same prob!

I cant select and move tracks together,
They arent locked.

I'm using latest version of Rush on a Macbook Pro,

No clue why I cant move them. They also snap back into place everytime i try.

Its like theres a wall they cant pass? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening for me in some projects, but not others. None of my layers are locked. This is frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ericfortenbery and @Kaijukilluh2099 

I'm not aware of any known issues that would cause this. Would you please upload a screen recording so we can get a look at what's going on?

Thanks! 

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been solved? I am also having the Same issue. Up to date app and IOS on iPad pro, but cannot move clips and the timelines are unlocked.

Shall I send a screen recording?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, has this been solved? I'm on a new imac, just d-loaded Rush, started to make a new video and if I select several clips on the timeline (which is DEFF Not locked) I drag them to the right and they immediately snap back to where they were? I can't seem to move them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasnt been fixed. This is still happening. Using premier rush is a nightmare. Its actually faster to just use the full version or some freeware video editor. Id recommend just moving to a different product since this stuff will never be addressed by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. They don't care, and I'm moving on to something else. They'll never answer. I'm on mobile and have the same problem, but they never care to respond. Can't believe I've paid them money for so long for such a crappy product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow up to all the similar responses above:  No one has stated if these clips are on the MAIN TRACK, or any of the 3 additional tracks above the main track.

• The Main Track clips will always auto-snap into a position on the timeline so as to make everything flow sequentially. (Think of those clips like railcars of train: all the railcars must be connected in order for the engine to move the whole train.) If you need a space or GAP in your timeline between clips on the Main Track, you'll need to physically "fill it" with something: another clip (like B-roll), a graphic (like a photo/slide), a transitional graphic or MOGRT (check out the Graphics panel), etc.
  • :star: Be sure to expand your Timeline track view... If the clips are on Tracks 2, 3, or 4, they are automatically connected to the clips on the Main Track based on their position; simply LOCK the Main Track (1), and you should be able to slide all other unlocked track clips to new positions:

anissa_thompson_0-1675886704385.png

Hope this helps! (And if it does, please mark this as a "✔ Correct Answer"!)

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the fix 😞

This started happening today. The track BEGINS to drag and then stops - this happens on all tracks even media such as titles. I have cleared cache and as mentioned other past project SOMETIMES work. This product is TERRIBLE with [cursing removed] performance and ALWAYS BUGGY - why do we pay $50 per month for this [cursing removed]?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope. Didn't help at all. Thanks for at least trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines