• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Rush Autosave when it isn't synced to the Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that turning ON sync to the cloud will autosave the project but, if turned OFF sync and placed in LOCAL machine will it save automatically, or do I have to share >  export> to save area >  every single time I want to save my projects.

TOPICS
Cloud sync , Desktop version , Export , Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Hi Pablo,

Rush auto-saves regardless of whether a project sync is enabled. A variety of actions trigger the app to save immediately, including importing or deleting media, adding a title, and of course closing a project.

Sharing/exporting is completely distinct from saving the project file. The purpose of exporting is to create a video file that you can play in a video player like QuickTime or post to a video site like YouTube. The project (which, again, gets saved automatically) is where Rush s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pablo,

Rush auto-saves regardless of whether a project sync is enabled. A variety of actions trigger the app to save immediately, including importing or deleting media, adding a title, and of course closing a project.

Sharing/exporting is completely distinct from saving the project file. The purpose of exporting is to create a video file that you can play in a video player like QuickTime or post to a video site like YouTube. The project (which, again, gets saved automatically) is where Rush saves your sequence(s) that consist of a series of source clips and other assets that you've trimmed and perhaps applied various effects to like color correction and speed changes. A project is a living document that you can return to and revise any time.

Whereas the file produced by exporting can be played in many other programs and on myriad websites, your projects can be viewed and edited only in Rush (or Premiere Pro, if you decide to take advantage of that program's more extensive, sophisticated, and flexible set of features.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark,

I really wished that the Rush program itself would show a little saving circle just to remind the Noobs like me and others to have peace of mind that the project has saved. I liked sync for that reason, it will show me that it is uploading to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eliazoura_com,

Thanks for highlighting your problem. We aren't aware of any such issue for now.

Can you please share a few details to help us investigate this Duplicate issue -

• Product version from settings/About page
  • OS version
  • How frequently you see this issue? anything specific that can help us to figure it out?
  • Is it reproducible on both local/synced projects?
  • Can you try turning Sync OFF on this project where you don't see this duplicate option and check again?

Meanwhile, we will try it at our end and let you know of any progress on this.

Thanks again,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing the same thing. I have 4 memory cards with our footage from the multiple camaers we use. I take 1 card out and i lose all the files. I uninstalled and reinstalled today. It is doing the same thing. After 3 years of having all my files synced this is an absolute mess and costing me time and lots of money. Everyone editor I have talked to has told me to switch. I have told them that I have problems but all my files sync. Now that is gone and I can't even complete a video becuase my files aren't saving. I think I am ready for the switch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @classiccaraddict,

I'm Kevin from support. I  got your message. You said that you are having trouble saving multiple media cards to your mobile device or computer because sync is no longer an option? Isn't it possible to save the meda locally without uploading it? I hope I can help you with an alternative workflow. I am sorry for the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark
in the same idea ... when SYNCH is disabled ... where are the RUSH  file(s) on my hardrive ?

How can I find it . Is there a specific format or extension .xxx I have to look for ... ?

And sometimes it's impossible to DUPLICATE a project .. WHY ?

Thank you for your help

duplicate rush adobe HELP.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All local Rush projects are saved to a single database file -- just as they would be if sync were enabled, except the database for synced projects is in the cloud while the one for un-synced projects is local to the computer. In order to point you to the database file, I'd need to know whether you're on Windows or Mac. But because of the way all local projects are bundled together, I suspect that finding the database will not help much.

As to the problem with duplicating a project, I was not involved in implementing that new feature and I'm not familiar with its finer points. Am I right that the Duplicate command is simply missing from the menu? I will call this thread to the attention of the team that added the Duplicate feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but there is somethning wrong here ... MY WORK IS MY WORK .. my time , energy etc ...at least EACH USER should have access to his work (= his files , project, assets and whatever is related to my business, client etc ...)

WHY ADOBE DON'T ALLOW ME TO ACCESS MY FILES ???
RUSH is the only softawre I know to run like this today.

This choice ADOBE made is not understandable !

The database you are talking about is OK for ADOBE not for me, and so for many other users .... so complicated to undestand, to access and even to use it !

Today we don't BUY a SOFTWARE ... we RENT a LICENCE ... ans now you want to take my files too ? My files are no longer my property ? ... Seriously ?

This have to be fix really 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this 100%. 

I work on a laptop and want to save my projects on my external hard drive, I can't find an option for that. This shift and direction of lack of ownership and control is still a CHOICE Adobe can choose not to do.  They could have options such as membership or purchasing with option to pay for updates if what milking us forever is the idea. 

Also, not being able to choose sync off as a default setting is very inconvenient. I have a home computer( in our study room/office), laptop and the app on my daughter's phone, and I do have some private video edits I only work on on my laptop that I do not want popping up when I open any of the adobe apps on my home computer or phone, because I didn't remember I have to unsync each project.  

ADOBE, please give us the option to easily choose where to save our files, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a PC with Windows 10 

Now I need also to move Adobe Rush frome one drive to another (an new internal SSD) ...  how can I do it and keep ALL projetcs ? 

Please note that Adobe RUSH do not copy the files put on an external drive even if you check"COPY MEDIAS" when importing files ... any solution for this ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I guess this is the proper place for my question. I need to share a Premiere Rush project with a friend which should edit a bit color correction by using Premiere Pro. My Premiere Rush project is Sync, in my Adobe Cloud. I sent to my colleague the link ... now need to understand how to let him open my Premiere Rush project in his Premiere Pro and edit it, can you kindly help me? 

Is Rush saving my projects only in Cloud or there's any project saved on the hard disk? 

Thank you for your help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Ive done most of the above, and several times and im having to redo several hours of work. It seems the only solution so far is to export the sequence and use that saved video on the timeline if I dont want to recut everything again. Or if it doesn't crash and after some hours of work and I want to go into home, it shows the loading icon, but nothing happens. Please help!

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer is not a solution ! You give us general informations to a specific and serious file/project management !

We have to DELIVER !!! Adobe .. please ... are you joking ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,  sssssso if  RUSH auto saves my PROJECT - where can i access the projects that i have lost?  I had saved them to an external drive that crashed but if they are auto saved somewhere else then i should be able to access them! correct?

i am on a mac.

regards

Audrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you get an answer to this?  having same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - no there wSnt anything that made sense to me so I haven't touched it again and I did quite like it at the time. 

Hope you get sorted. It was just sucking the life out of me, I couldn't justify the time I was spending on it - good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted my computer and now my projects are gone. If Rush autosaves regardless of synching, where are my projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this  - and wont be staying long either!!!!

Was trying to learn Rush

I have lost 3 important pieces of work when an external drive crashed and died.  Dont know where the files are (have searched extensively)

this is not intuitive at all!  Things are hard enough at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a video project in RUSH: I am not seeing the work I do on my laptop, synched with my desktop. Yes both accounts are operating from the one email address.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines