Highlighted

Does Rush Autosave when it isn't synced to the Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that turning ON sync to the cloud will autosave the project but, if turned OFF sync and placed in LOCAL machine will it save automatically, or do I have to share >  export> to save area >  every single time I want to save my projects.

Hi Pablo,

Rush auto-saves regardless of whether a project sync is enabled. A variety of actions trigger the app to save immediately, including importing or deleting media, adding a title, and of course closing a project.

Sharing/exporting is completely distinct from saving the project file. The purpose of exporting is to create a video file that you can play in a video player like QuickTime or post to a video site like YouTube. The project (which, again, gets saved automatically) is where Rush saves your sequence(s) that consist of a series of source clips and other assets that you've trimmed and perhaps applied various effects to like color correction and speed changes. A project is a living document that you can return to and revise any time.

Whereas the file produced by exporting can be played in many other programs and on myriad websites, your projects can be viewed and edited only in Rush (or Premiere Pro, if you decide to take advantage of that program's more extensive, sophisticated, and flexible set of features.)

TOPICS
Cloud sync, Desktop version, Export, Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Does Rush Autosave when it isn't synced to the Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that turning ON sync to the cloud will autosave the project but, if turned OFF sync and placed in LOCAL machine will it save automatically, or do I have to share >  export> to save area >  every single time I want to save my projects.

Hi Pablo,

Rush auto-saves regardless of whether a project sync is enabled. A variety of actions trigger the app to save immediately, including importing or deleting media, adding a title, and of course closing a project.

Sharing/exporting is completely distinct from saving the project file. The purpose of exporting is to create a video file that you can play in a video player like QuickTime or post to a video site like YouTube. The project (which, again, gets saved automatically) is where Rush saves your sequence(s) that consist of a series of source clips and other assets that you've trimmed and perhaps applied various effects to like color correction and speed changes. A project is a living document that you can return to and revise any time.

Whereas the file produced by exporting can be played in many other programs and on myriad websites, your projects can be viewed and edited only in Rush (or Premiere Pro, if you decide to take advantage of that program's more extensive, sophisticated, and flexible set of features.)

TOPICS
Cloud sync, Desktop version, Export, Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 07, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pablo,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark,

I really wished that the Rush program itself would show a little saving circle just to remind the Noobs like me and others to have peace of mind that the project has saved. I liked sync for that reason, it will show me that it is uploading to the cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eliazoura_com,

Thanks for highlighting your problem. We aren't aware of any such issue for now.

Can you please share a few details to help us investigate this Duplicate issue -

• Product version from settings/About page
  • OS version
  • How frequently you see this issue? anything specific that can help us to figure it out?
  • Is it reproducible on both local/synced projects?
  • Can you try turning Sync OFF on this project where you don't see this duplicate option and check again?

Meanwhile, we will try it at our end and let you know of any progress on this.

Thanks again,

Mayjain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark
in the same idea ... when SYNCH is disabled ... where are the RUSH  file(s) on my hardrive ?

How can I find it . Is there a specific format or extension .xxx I have to look for ... ?

And sometimes it's impossible to DUPLICATE a project .. WHY ?

Thank you for your help

duplicate rush adobe HELP.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All local Rush projects are saved to a single database file -- just as they would be if sync were enabled, except the database for synced projects is in the cloud while the one for un-synced projects is local to the computer. In order to point you to the database file, I'd need to know whether you're on Windows or Mac. But because of the way all local projects are bundled together, I suspect that finding the database will not help much.

As to the problem with duplicating a project, I was not involved in implementing that new feature and I'm not familiar with its finer points. Am I right that the Duplicate command is simply missing from the menu? I will call this thread to the attention of the team that added the Duplicate feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but there is somethning wrong here ... MY WORK IS MY WORK .. my time , energy etc ...at least EACH USER should have access to his work (= his files , project, assets and whatever is related to my business, client etc ...)

WHY ADOBE DON'T ALLOW ME TO ACCESS MY FILES ???
RUSH is the only softawre I know to run like this today.

This choice ADOBE made is not understandable !

The database you are talking about is OK for ADOBE not for me, and so for many other users .... so complicated to undestand, to access and even to use it !

Today we don't BUY a SOFTWARE ... we RENT a LICENCE ... ans now you want to take my files too ? My files are no longer my property ? ... Seriously ?

This have to be fix really 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
6 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
6 hours ago 0