• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double Speed Playback

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having problems with Rush playing back in double speed all the time, so I followed some advice on the forum here and reset my preferences. I had some trouble getting my projects back after that, but they have now appeared again.

I'm still getting double speed playback however. How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Hey Fergus! We're taking care of this. Please let us know, what happens when you switch Audio Input to No Input

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fergus!
Sorry about the performance issue. Would you mind sharing more information with us?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika,

Thanks for responding. The version is 1.5.29 (Build 32). The files were mostly shot on my Android smart phone. They are mp4s 1280 x 720.

I'm on Windows 10. See below for detailed specs.

The problem is still occuring. I'm not sure if it is exactly double speed, but it acts as if it is shuttling in fast forward. I've checked and I'm not using the J/L keys to do this by mistake.

I've noticed there have been other posts on this problem with no clear resolution.

Best,

Fergus

GPU

Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_85081043&REV_A1\4&2A43D483&0&0010
Adapter Type GeForce GTX 970, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Adapter RAM (1,048,576) bytes
Installed Drivers C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_827405c7c65146ab\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_827405c7c65146ab\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_827405c7c65146ab\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_827405c7c65146ab\nvldumdx.dll
Driver Version 26.21.14.3648
INF File oem6.inf (Section066 section)
Colour Planes Not Available
Colour Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 1862 x 1048 x 50 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xFA000000-0xFB0FFFFF
Memory Address 0xE0000000-0xF1FFFFFF
Memory Address 0xF0000000-0xF1FFFFFF
I/O Port 0x0000E000-0x0000EFFF
IRQ Channel IRQ 16
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE\FILEREPOSITORY\NV_DISPI.INF_AMD64_827405C7C65146AB\NVLDDMKM.SYS (26.21.14.3648, 21.34 MB (22,377,352 bytes), 21/10/2019 18:44)

PC

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name STUDIOGENERAL
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model To be filled by O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F11, 18/12/2014
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product X99-UD4-CF
BaseBoard Version x.x
Platform Role Workstation
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.752"
Username StudioGeneral\Fergus
Time Zone GMT Summer Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.8 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.72 GB
Total Virtual Memory 31.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 12.2 GB
Page File Space 16.0 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualisation-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/device(s) detected, Disabled by policy, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details. Can you uncheck "Use Optimized Clips" and see if that helps? View > Use Optimized clips.

Also, could you confirm if you're having the latest version of Nvidia drivers? 

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika

"Use Optimized Clips" was already unchecked. I have now tried it both on and off and it makes no difference.

I just updated to the most recent Nvidia drivers (GeForce GTX 970 v 456.38) and that makes no difference either.

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming! Which Android device have you used to capture media files? 

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Samsung Galaxy S7 and a Samsung Galaxy S9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen recording that exhibits the issue? I can share it further with engineers.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to a clip of it going wrong...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObpqdVijxcuUWWpN5ru3u9f7jdicZF7e/view

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Any word from the engineers on this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Fergus!

Sorry for the delay. We can try a few things:

1. Resetting the preferences of the program. Long press on the Alt key when launching the app. Release the Alt key when you get a dialogue box asking for the resetting the preference.

2. Ideally, phone recording footage has a variable frame rate that may cause some performance issues. I personally suggest you try transcoding your media with third-party transcoders like HandBrake and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes. 

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As I said in my first post, I have already tried resetting preferences exactly as you described and it didn't work.

As far as the footage goes, the same footage was working fine in Rush 6 months ago. It likely stopped after a recent update.

Are you seriously suggesting this software can't handle video shot on one of the most popular models of phone? If so, isn't that something you'd be interested in fixing?

However, as I say, it is far more likely that it's a recent update.

Please can you talk me through trying previous versions if you are not prepared to fix the current one.

Thank you

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally understand your frustration. Fergus! We'll try our best to get you back on track. Could you share the screenshot of your Audio preference? Rush might create an issue if audio hardware is not configured properly. Navigate to Edit > Preferences.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks fine to me and works with other apps. I tried changing it to different audio inputs and outputs and it didn't help

Fergus

RushAudioSettings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you given up on this then? No fix, unusable software, and you're still taking money out of my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Fergus! We're taking care of this. Please let us know, what happens when you switch Audio Input to No Input

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! That seems to have fixed it. Thank you for your help.

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really weird fix for this issue, but this worked for me too! I was so supprised! :'D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika, I was just curious, is there a reason that Adobe has not built a solution directly into their products? It seems to be an awfully common occurrence for there to not be an internal software solution. I don't know anything about software engineering, so I'm genuinely curious as to why this happens and what's preventing Adobe from addressing it directly.

In advance, thanks for your time.

-Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines