• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

editing video

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Premiere Rush as I thought it would be a quick version of premiere pro. However, video clips do not stay in place. In a sequence of clips if you remove one from the middle the gap is filled with the clips behind it, How do you stop it from happening. I do not want the clips to be magnetized to each other. It makes it incredibly difficult to rearrange and edit them as the program boasts you can do. In fact, you might rip your hair out trying to delete one no longer needed video clip only to mess up the entire arrangement you had in place. How do I disable this frustrating feature or do I just need to suck it up and restart my project in premiere pro. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main timeline in Premiere Rush ripples when clips are added to or removed from it. The timeline is greatly simplified and there is no way I know of no way to override this other than to add and remove your clips on the other video tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Part of what keeps Premiere Rush simple is the fact that it functions on that "auto-snapped" timeline format that is driving you a bit crazy at the moment. The main track (what would normally be V1 in Pr Pro) is pretty unforgiving, and I felt your same pain when I first started using it, but learned a few tricks/options to work around: 

1. Use the Split (Scissors) tool to make 2 cuts, at the beginning and end of the area that you want to force open on that clip. Then, use the Transform tool and set that middle clip's OPACITY to zero.
  2. Use Title, Still Image, Solid Background with a preset time, and drag it into V1 to force the space open.

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines