Highlighted

Export a frame as jpeg (still image) in Rush

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to export a single frame as an image (ie: JPEG) in Rush? 

Basically, I'm a lightweight user, editing my first footage.  One frame looks great and I'd like to create a photo from it to share with some friends.  How?  Unlikely to license Pro just for this...seems a basic function Rush should be able to do?

Hi ToddNeville!

Unfortunately, Rush is only designed for video work and can't export still images. However, this is a great idea and I'd really appreciate you filing a feature request here: Premiere Rush: Hot (1423 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Our engineers check that page regularly (and I send them my favorite links!) to figure out what our next developments of the product will be.

In the meantime, if I were you, I'd navigate to the frame that you're wanting to isolate and take a screenshot of it. If you're on a phone, the screenshot captures the whole screen, but you can crop the screenshot to only show the frame. If you're on a desktop, you can crop the screenshot as you capture it.

Here's how to take a screenshot on a Mac:

How to take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 9.44.34 AM.png

Here's how to take a screenshot on a PC:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-10-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 9.46.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 9.46.23 AM.png

This should help get your frame!

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Caroline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export a frame as jpeg (still image) in Rush

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to export a single frame as an image (ie: JPEG) in Rush? 

Basically, I'm a lightweight user, editing my first footage.  One frame looks great and I'd like to create a photo from it to share with some friends.  How?  Unlikely to license Pro just for this...seems a basic function Rush should be able to do?

Hi ToddNeville!

Unfortunately, Rush is only designed for video work and can't export still images. However, this is a great idea and I'd really appreciate you filing a feature request here: Premiere Rush: Hot (1423 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Our engineers check that page regularly (and I send them my favorite links!) to figure out what our next developments of the product will be.

In the meantime, if I were you, I'd navigate to the frame that you're wanting to isolate and take a screenshot of it. If you're on a phone, the screenshot captures the whole screen, but you can crop the screenshot to only show the frame. If you're on a desktop, you can crop the screenshot as you capture it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-10-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

-Caroline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ToddNeville!

-Caroline

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screencapture works but the resolution is terrible.  The easiest way to export a still image is simple and free if you have a Mac......   iMovie.  It supports this natively, and is free to use (no rendering fee, etc).  Exports the full frame in high resolution as jpeg and other formats.  Import back into Lightroom, Photos, or photo editor of your choice to touch up.  Clunky but works.  Rush and Lightroom should integrate...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2019 2
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Rush on my phone and have the same question and desire... I often like to hold and fade out a video with the last frame frozen. Typically this would be done by exporting a frame and then bringing it back in the time line. This would be a great feature to include in Rush...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2020 1
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a feature that I assume many need for exporting thumbnails for YouTube. We need to be able to export stills!

Edit: If you are running Windows 10 you can save stills from the built in video player. Just press the three dots.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2020 1