Exported video file size way too big

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Rush to process and export 30 hour long Zoom recordings to upload to our Youtube channel. I am trimming down the file and then adding an image at the start and a branded outro at the end. When I export the file I am using the recommended YouTube settings but my file size is much bigger after exporting than it was when I imported the video to Premiere Rush for editing. 333,711KB to start with becomes 6,140,604KB after exporting. I am running out of disk space so have started storing in the Adobe cloud, but this seems to make the upload process to Youtube even slower. What am I doing wrong? How can I compress the file size to at least no bigger than what I started out with, which was totally fine quality wise.

TOPICS
Export, Performance, Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem while splicing together three videos into one. I trimmed a 90-minute 720p video, originally 750MB, down to 4 minutes and added an audio track but the exported version is still 150MB. Not sure how big it will be when I've done all of it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines