• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External Microphone with IOS Rush?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to get an external microphone to work with rush on Iphone with some curious results.  Trying the voiceover function, it works just fine with the built in (lame) iphone mic.  When I connect an external microphone the recording fails.  It does the 3 second countdown, then gets stuck paused where it should start recording.  It basically crashes the app, and you can't get out of the stuck state without quitting the app entirely and starting over.  I've tried with a Presonus Audiobox Ione, and also with a Rode Ixy mic.  I really want this functionality to work to be able to get a high quality recording along with my video clip, but nothing I try seems to work.  Anyone else have this issue?  I can't be the only one trying to use a nicer microphone to record in Rush can I?

thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Using Rush on my 6sPlus iPhone, I can record using the VO tool with a Rode VideoMic ME-L or a Rode  iXLR - but the voice over recording plays back incorrectly, at the wrong speed (fast).

My workaround is to record using the Rode Reporter app then share the files to Creative Cloud. Back in Rush I add the file from Creative Cloud.

Hope they get this working correctly.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, 3 sec countdown and just freezes. However it won't allow me to record using the built in mic or whilst using the Shure MV88.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Rush on my 6sPlus iPhone, I can record using the VO tool with a Rode VideoMic ME-L or a Rode  iXLR - but the voice over recording plays back incorrectly, at the wrong speed (fast).

My workaround is to record using the Rode Reporter app then share the files to Creative Cloud. Back in Rush I add the file from Creative Cloud.

Hope they get this working correctly.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sorry about the snags in your workflow, that's frustrating to not be able to record in higher quality. We're looking into this and have contacted the Rush engineers. I'll post in this thread when I hear something back!

Thanks,

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Caroline!  That's great!  The ability to record audio in sync would be an EXTREMELY valuable tool, and is honestly the biggest draw for Rush for me.  I'm a Post Supervisor and re-recording engineer, and for the feature I'm currently working on, we need to do a bunch of outdoor and remote ADR.  Rush could be a fantastic timesaver for all of this, and I'm really looking forward to being able to incorporate that into our workflow.

Best,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I've submitted this feature to the engineering team and they agree that it'd be very useful. There are many facets of Rush that could use some TLC so I'm not sure when the team will be able to work on the auditory features, but keep an eye (or an ear) out! Rush has a lot of room to grow, so there's no telling what they'll add next.

Thanks so much for reaching out! Feedback like this is what helps us create the software our users need.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How come this is still an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this external mic still an issue in 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is for me. I'd like help with this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue as well. 4 years later.....jeezlycrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines