• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faster than 1000% max speed making timelapse clips

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fetaure request regarding timelapse and clip speed options. I would like to be able to adjust my clips well above the current 1000% upper limit.

I am creating videos where I need to convert long video recordings down to short timelapse clips within my larger video projects. The particluar tasks that I'm working on can take hours, and I would like them to be condensed down to relatively short timelapse clips.

The current upper limit of 1000% speed (10X speed) just isn't fast enough to make the clips as short as I would like. Even the built in Microsoft video editor in Windows 10 supports 64X speed capability for clips. If I want faster timelapse clips, I have to edit them multiple times to get them sped up fast enough, which is inefficient and time consuming. For example, a 3 hour video clip at 1000% speed still ends up being 18 minutes long. At 64X speed (6400%) it would only be 2 min 49 seconds long, which fits much better as a clip within a project video. 

I would like to see the ability to go to at least 6400% (64X) or more for max clip speed. Usability wise, this may create issues to have that much range on a single slider as you may loose precision to adjust to a particulare speed when you don't need to go that that max speed. One option to overcome it would be to have a specific timelapse functionality that gives you a separate slider, menu box, or control option to differentiate between fine tuning speed adjustments, and high speed timelapse speeds.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, please, this is a a really big downer right now.  It should really be unlimited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines