• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Size excessive from Premiere Rush

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen posts elsewhere complaining about the excessively large file size created by Premiere Pro, eg thread "Estimated File size 322MB, Real File size 1.6GB" ), and I'm finding the same issue in Rush (Windows 10 Desktop version).   Yes I have read all the posts about reducing quality etc., but the file size is still excessive.    Unfortunately the solution of turning off hardware encoding as I have seen in a couple of forums including the thread above cannot be done in Rush as the option does not exist.        So... any solutions ?      Just for comparison, I did exactly the same project in the Windows 10 Photos App (yes you can edit Videos in there!)   and the output file size was much more sensible, and yes I was comparing apples to apples in terms of the codec and quality etc. as closely as possible.    Unfortunately the App doesn't quite have all the features I want. hence looking at Rush

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dangermouserd,

Unfortunately, longer videos and/or 4K videos do take up a good amount of storage no matter what you do. A video that is over 1 GB in size, even in H.264 format, is completely normal, particularly if it is 4K and over 10 min. in length. How would you describe your video in terms of codec, frame size, and duration? File sizes in video are large, typically, and it's hard to get around that. What is the issue with 1 GB videos? Do you need additional storage?

Hardware encoding doesn't affect the file size as much as frame size, frame rate, codec, and duration. I would say that it's not a significant factor when comparing it with a standard H.264 export.

The Windows app has a different framework, uses different code, and encodes files differently than Rush. That would be difficult to compare, so I'd avoid doing so.

Come back with further questions.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin for replying. What I do not understand is that I start with a file that is about 60Mb, then do some minor editing in Rush (crop, trim etc.), and the exported file is well over 1Gb (1.6 from memory). I checked frame rate and made sure that whereas the original mp4 was 25 fps, the output was also 25. I had not changed resolution etc. etc. So did everything to ensure I wasnt inadvertantly exporting in a way that would radically increase the file size. If I editd that same source using something basic like the Windows 10 editor, or a WinX product, the output file remained pretty much the same size as the input file and the encoder and other parameters looked the same as what I selected in Rush.. I respect that Rush might be encoding differently, but if so then must surely be some way to get it to produce a similar size file, especially as it is a more powerful program and also considering Rush's target market. Looking at simialr comments in this community one person explicitly said that selecting software encoding fixed the issue, and I saw a second post confirming this (both Adobe Premiere Pro). Now technically this should not make a big difference as you say ...but it did, so the questions is why ? Something is going on. As to why I want smaller files, well obviously if I am sharing files I'd rather share 60Mb than 1.6Gb, especially when I started with 60Mb and made a few tweaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you add any titles or effects? Let me know. Thx, ^KM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I added was a couple if still pictures and an audio track (voiceover) for them. One went for about 15 secs, the other for 35 secs. The rest of the video file was about 40mins, so I would not think these would have much impact

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Rush because Premiere Pro has similar issues. I thought Rush would be able to export a closer file size to the original but no - IT'S WORSE! 
I had a 256mb file, i trimmed 15 seconds from the video and didn't add anything else. Estimated file size on automatic, 2.3GB! Lowest I could get was 799MB! Rediculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely true. Completely obvious when you get started using the application and see how it makes files BIGGER when you cut down the footage

Rush is basically unusable for its stated reason for existing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution for Premier Rush excessive file size?

I am having the same problem and I did not add anothing to the video. I only trimmed the beginning and end and the file size increased. Please advise...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 1 GB file, only clipped out 15 minutes in the middle, no titles, no transition, nothing, exported and voilà, 5.8 GB. Reduced from 1080p to 720p, still 3.6 GB (original 1080p 1.01 GB). This is not acceptable from a software I pay, I am glad I know command line and ffmpeg enough to fix this trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

When I import videos to Adobe Rush they run really slow in the edit view and the audio doesnt play. I mean, I can se the audio line and audio volume on the bottom right side, but it doesnt play. (I have check mi computer volume several times, I know thats not the problem)

Can you please help? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there a resolution for this issue? I have the same problem. I started with a 208GB file (16min video), uploaded to Rush, made a few cuts here and there (resulting in about 1minute shorter video) and exported it. I did not add anything. At 1080p (default settings), the file was 817GB. I tried 740p and got a 433MB file. What would the export file be twice the size as the file I started with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?No unfortunately no one could help with this which was disappointing. I ended up giving up on Rush because of this file size blow-out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sorry about this and that I lost track of this discussion. I'll continue to investigate as to why this could have happened. Wishing you luck in all your creative pursuits. 

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I started with a 5KB file, trimmed 2 seconds out of it, and it became 56KB. That's insane. This is the first time I've used Rush and I'm uninstalling it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?  I have a Zoom video that was 880MB out of Zoom.  Uploaded to Rush, trimmed 9 seconds off the beginning, and the file it wants to export is estimated at 10692MB!!!   This has happened with EVERY other file I have tried with Rush.

I've reduced resolution, tried the low-rez Facebook and Youtube outputs and reduced quality to Med....all are absolutely enormous, any times the size of the original.   How can this be???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin-Monahan

I am having the same problem. The source file is 79,935Kb. The source video footage is from a screen recording - lots of static areas - very little changes.

I editted the video - cut out 2 minutes of video and exported it from Rush.

The exported file is 255,933Kb.

The lowest settings are too high:720P is too high a setting for rendering a screen recording. Is there anything I can do to drop the quality down lower?

Thank you

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Kevin-Monahan - will you followup, please? It's been over a year since you said you'd investigate and over 2 years since this was reported as a problem for so many of us. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been multiple years since this issue was first reported. It has not been resolved or even addressed. This isn't a glitch. It happens with every render, for every person, on every install installation of Rush. When will Adobe fix their faulty software? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jshaha, @richardd31820739 , @marianjway , @IDRA_MMVega , @DrDug , @MarkPizz , @Szilard23092697otc9 , @mmowrer , @Andrew Jasper HPS , @wade0D44  - and anyone else posting on this thread:

PLEASE CONTACT ADOBE CUSTOMER SUPPORT to report this Premiere Rush performance issue. It's clear that they are not monitoring this community. But contacting customer support will for sure document this.

Engage the chat icon from the bottom right.
Request support for Premiere Rush issue - "something else" (so you get a chat support person and not a list of docs)

In your chat, please make sure to link to this thread, https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush-discussions/file-size-excessive-from-premiere-rush/m-p/... .

Together, we can push the envelope! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since we can only tag 10 folks at a time, also tagging: @defaultv9jw6wa62sug , @casmith1 , @liladude , @marionp81845128 , @jradob68

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have to assume all this inflation is data embedding, and sale of this meta data to the online hosts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this comment was in Dec, 2020, now it's Feb, 2023, i persuaded my bosses to buy me a creative cloud Subscribtion becasue i believed Adobe has a Solution for everything, i ended up sending them waaaay bigger files than the original ones i recieved! and that did not make them happy because they cant send the clients back with tripple+ file sizes, i assume there was no solutions in recent updates from Rush, anyone found a solution during all this years ? or do i accept my boss's suggesion ? to switch to another Software ? im comfurtable using Adobe Apps but this is a big issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jadit,

If you have the subscription to all apps, open the Rush project in Premiere Pro. Then, export to Media Encoder where you can have more control over export file sizes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue--I cut 15 minutes out of a 300 mb training mp4 and exporting it on the lowest settings blows this up to 1.3 gb.  Many of my clients have hosting limits of sorts on their (paid, premium) video hosting plans and it's frustrating not to have a decent Adobe authoring tool for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was working with way bigger files to see what would happen. I had 24 videos, roughly 2Gb each which totalled 50Gb about. All I did was edit them together into one long video and the file size went from 50Gb to 364Gb. This is absoultely unacceptable. Especially since it's a paid program. Its been 2 years since this thread and there has been no fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines