• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I fix video proportions in Rush? (Context: video is "stretched" too wide)

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made nearly 20 videos for my online course and one of them has stretched the video of me. I finally figured out the one difference between this and the other 19 videos and it has to do with the dots around the edge of the video (as you can see in the bottom of the screenshot, the incorrect one has the dots slightly inwards). 

Can you please help me to understand how I can fix this so that it includes the whole video? I need to apply the changes to each clip on the timeline too! (Also, I have no idea how this problem occured, did I press something accidently?)

Stretch.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that when I try to drag the dots to the left and right, the whole video increases in size, not just horizontally which is what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was having the same problem and was beside myself because it was cutting off the text I had in the images!

Retraced my steps and figured out it was because I renamed the folder the assets were sitting in on my drive - so much for trying to stay organised! 

I was able to fix this luckily by renaming the file back to what it originally was. Same goes for if you move a asset file elsewhere. Move it back to the place where you first imported it into your sequence and it should revert. 

I have my fingers crossed that this works for you too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about that. Can you share the following information?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V 1.5.62 (Build 61)

Source file: .MOV (this is the same as every video file I used to make the course)

Device: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay. Could you share some sample files with us to test?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay. Could you share some sample files with us to test?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had the same issue and just thought I'd share how I managed to fix it. Hope this helps everyone else with the same problem! It's very time consuming but worked! So I had to go along and select every single clip > select 'crop & rotate' > UNTICK 'maintain proportions' > adjust the WIDTH to 91. Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 2.14.13 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines