• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I manage files with Premiere Rush?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 16 thousand people tried to find an answer to this. There's a serious gap in UX. I shouldn't be scouring the forums or watching tutorials to be able to perform basic file management. Same reason Lightroom gets so much hate. Awful. 

TOPICS
Cloud sync , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Charlott,

I know it's frustrating, but there is no "project file," per se. Project "data," or what you might think of as a project file exists all in Creative Cloud and you cannot readily access that data. If you intend to share or backup this project data, you can file feature requests on Rush by adding the "Feature Request" label.

If you have any questions, let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It is extremely frustrating. I just want to download the project so I can open it in Premiere Pro... I can't find it anywhere although the sync icon is on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree, it's a rediculous way to manage a workflow. Not being able to save a file and have visibility to that file, seriously!!!!! Adobe you've totally lost sight of how a workflow functions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlott,

I know it's frustrating, but there is no "project file," per se. Project "data," or what you might think of as a project file exists all in Creative Cloud and you cannot readily access that data. If you intend to share or backup this project data, you can file feature requests on Rush by adding the "Feature Request" label.

If you have any questions, let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree! I have a very small hard drive and it is getting totally filled up with Rush files. I can't easily locate them to delete them, Rush keeps crashing and the only way to reopen my files is to completely reboot my computer. It is a TERRIBLE forced file management system and I hate it. I just want to be in control of my own files and not be forced to work the way Adobe thinks it should be done! I wonder if this is to try to force me to upgrade and buy into their Cloud storage as I keep getting warnings that my Cloud storage is almost filled up and I need to upgrade (even though I only have a few files synched there).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jill,

I apologize for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, this is unnacceptable. It should NOT be this complicated to export a prioject so you can edit it on a different machine or send it so someone else to edit. C'mon.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antoine,

Sorry. This is a user to user forum. I will let the team know your feelings, though.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if anyone has worked out where/how Rush projects live in the file structure, OR EVEN just a work around on how to send a RUSH project to another person?

Matthew P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignoring cloud storage for now, from what I can gather Rush doesn't create project files, it creates 2 things (it does a whole bunch more but these are the things that are relevant to my point):

1, A directory that contains all the assets you use in your projects located here C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Creative Cloud Files\Adobe\Assets  - this is just the raw assests you added into your projects.

2. Rush then creates a map or instructions to follow that outline what you've done when editing. i.e get the first 10 seconds of AssetA.mp4 then show AssetB.jpg for 2 seconds. Rush doesn't save a new version of AssetA.mp4 that is only 10 seconds long it just writes instrutions.

What I want to know is how to change the directory Rush to save it's copies of assets to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know the same thing. My C: drive is a relatively small SSD, and I can't let software store copies of the video file assets on the C: drive, or I will be out of space very quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question. I do not wish to store data that I should be able to backup "on the cloud".

I need to be able to manage this locally and *not* on the boot drive (for reasons that should be obvious here).

I see copies (unnecessary) of content files here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Creative Cloud Files\Adobe\Assets but nothing else

So, where is all the data and where can it be moved to?

Thanks,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a work-around, if your assets are resident on an external or "data" drive or whatever, when you create the project and DON'T tick the "Copy Media Files" option, the files are referenced where you got them from, not stored on your local computer/boot drive.

Matthew P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matthew.

But where are the instructions to create the show from them stored?

--
From an Island in the Pacific,
Richard James, Victoria, BC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SPECTRE has them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to delete all of my rush videos (hundreds of them), but there is no way to do it other than "one at a time".

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a useless tool as a result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree; I need to be able to FIND my project later, and if it's not one of my most recent, it doesn't show on the Rush opening dashboard. This means that if it's been awhile since I worked on the project, I have NO way to ever access it again. This is abysmal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Amanda Gagnon,

I read your note. You say that your projects are not showing up on the Home screen on your computer? Are the missing projects still on your mobile device (or vice versa)? I hope I can help you restore those projects.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines