Highlighted

How do you add songs from iTunes?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys im having trouble adding music from itunes. I click on add audio and the music titles are there but they are grey and i cant click on them. In Adobe settings i have allowed for media and music but still no idea. Please help

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Michael J. Hoffman | Adobe Community Professional

Make sure the song is downloaded to your device. Go into the iTunes app, browse to the song, and check to see if the cloud icon with the down arrow is showing. If so, tap the icon to download the song. This should make it available in Rush. 

Mike

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do you add songs from iTunes?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys im having trouble adding music from itunes. I click on add audio and the music titles are there but they are grey and i cant click on them. In Adobe settings i have allowed for media and music but still no idea. Please help

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Michael J. Hoffman | Adobe Community Professional

Make sure the song is downloaded to your device. Go into the iTunes app, browse to the song, and check to see if the cloud icon with the down arrow is showing. If so, tap the icon to download the song. This should make it available in Rush. 

Mike

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iTunes music includes copy protection that precludes the songs from being used in a video editing project. Often trying to use an iTunes song will trigger an error code.

Amazon mp3s don't have this issue, FWIW.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 1
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 1
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, I am sorry to say the itunes process above is not working. I purchased all of my songs in my library and I can't get them into Rush. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Just to illustrate what I mentioned above, here is a series of screen shots showing iTunes during a download, and the resulting view in Rush showing the one song I downloaded as “not” grayed out. 

9598882B-7B04-4C16-9350-2CCACD8EF193.jpeg

363CDC55-6382-4B5C-A75C-7CE7D9E05697.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!! I'm having this same issue and I've checked all my songs to make they're downloaded and I still can't add them to my projects. The only songs available are from A Perfect Circle. Does anyone have any idea as to what else I can try? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0