• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you copy projects in Rush?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make 4 different films with the same beginning and ending, but i cannot find how to copy a project.

Is this possible, and if yes, how?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 7 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Here's a video tutorial on how to complete this function!

How to Duplicate Sequences in Premiere Rush - YouTube

Hope this helps.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

This is insane usability and violates everything known and learned about read/write/copy/delete file operations. This is ad-hoc engineering at its worst.

Please fix this absolutely insipid nonsense. It should even be possible to inadvertently copy projects by appending an autoincremented numeral to the filename.

But please, really, get it to together and don't do this nonstandard BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

I too need to use the duplication for entire projects on a very regular basis. We need videos with different subtitles. Can you please update with this option?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

I figured out a workaround if you are interested. Install Adobe Rush on another device (like an iPhone) and login with the same credentials as the primary device. Open your project on each device and make a small change on one device, like adding a title at the end. Close both verions of the project. When you open the project again you'll get a warning dialog that reads something like "Project Conflict. The version on the server will overwrite the version on your device. Do you want to save a co

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

I, too, have cancelled my account.

The inability to do a process associated with a bedrock file-write function (copy, edit, delete) is, well, too dumb to believe. It's obvious that today's engineers and product managers at Adobe think they can do better than the rational user functions that have been in play 30+ years in the consumer market.

Looking for a new solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

I couldn't agree more. The arrogance on the part of the "engineers" that everyone will just get it eventually is madding. What is wrong with you Adobe. "Save as" is a part of every program you and every other software company makes. Why did you think you were being so cool leaving it out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

I have the same problem regarding the need to copy a project and duplicating the sequence doesn't help as its my edit of various sequences I need. I've spent hours editing a video where I have added subtitles. I also need a version without subtitles but didn't realise the software would be so limiting that I couldn't do a basic save as. So now if I delete the subtitles and export I imagine I will loose my subtitles which I want to keep as an alternative. Ludicrous! Very frustrating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to duplicate a project to use as a template seems like a no brainer. I'm surprised this function doesn't exist. You can duplicate a sequence, as the answer shows, but not being able to create a new project with it is very annoying. I hope this gets added as a feature soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline and Mayjain, I think you have misunderstood the request.  Nobody here has asked how to copy a sequence within a video.  We are asking for the ability to save a copy or save as function so that we can create multiple versions of the same video.  Some will need English titles, some Spanish titles, use the same video branded for different events, brand for different partners etc.  Nobody is going to keep editing the same video to achieve these because we have options like KineMaster that allows us to create a copy of the video and rename it to a different version.

You have this across all other Adobe Cloud apps but not here.  Its just a Rush(ed) app to catch up with others, but you didnt focus on what makes those apps great - they were developed by people who use the app and they understood what the rest of us needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, this has been solved but not explained on how to use it.

You need to create sequences in rush or clips.  So if you want to create a standard intro and outro then you create a sequence for each.

1) go to file>new sequence - this will make all your work disappear but it is saved as a single sequence under assets

2) create a sequence which will be your intro, outro, whole video etc

3) click on assets and then look for sequence01.  You will find multiple of these and you simply rename this to intro, outro, french, english etc.

4) click on the (...) and you will have the option to duplicate.

Now im trying to work out how to import the sequence into a new video to save it as a different version of the video.

This is typical Adobe trying to over-complicate things.  They need to get the right users that the product is aimed at to get the usability right.  Potentially great app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ParjSangha, any luck on figuring out how to import a copied sequence into a new video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed that this is crazy that we don't have a "save as" function. For anyone still looking for this (like I was), I think I figured out how to do it. You DO create another sequence as mentioned above and make your changes (you can click on the different sequences in your project panel by clicking the (...) and clicking 'Open'. Then just make sure you are in the sequence of the version of the video you want when you export ("Share"). It will only export THAT sequence of the video. Hope that helps. Now I want the hour of my life back that it took to figure that out 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Given up.  I use premiere pro finalise clips for use and then use Kinemaster to create the actual video I want.  It's ridiculous that Adobe just don't listen to the end users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this was updated and added in the latest release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Hopefully this helps:

On the Home page, under the video you want to copy, press on the 3 dots ... (Project Options)  then click Duplicate. This is how we proceed to copy a project and change subtitles from English to French.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem regarding the need to copy a project and duplicating the sequence doesn't help as its my edit of various sequences I need. I've spent hours editing a video where I have added subtitles. I also need a version without subtitles but didn't realise the software would be so limiting that I couldn't do a basic save as. So now if I delete the subtitles and export I imagine I will loose my subtitles which I want to keep as an alternative. Ludicrous! Very frustrating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Hopefully this helps:

On the Home page, under the video you want to copy, press on the 3 dots ... (Project Options)  then click Duplicate. This is how we proceed to copy a project and change subtitles from English to French.

Hope this works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Hopefully this helps others:

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Rush is the worse program I have ever tried in my life.

I can't believe everytime i need to do somehting I find a new silly limitation...

it's really frustrating. Adobe is not what it was... since Flash guys you are falling appart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to home screen and click the three dots under the video you want to copy. Scroll to Duplicate and there you have it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines