• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you copy projects in Rush?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make 4 different films with the same beginning and ending, but i cannot find how to copy a project.

Is this possible, and if yes, how?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 7 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Here's a video tutorial on how to complete this function!

How to Duplicate Sequences in Premiere Rush - YouTube

Hope this helps.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

This is insane usability and violates everything known and learned about read/write/copy/delete file operations. This is ad-hoc engineering at its worst.

Please fix this absolutely insipid nonsense. It should even be possible to inadvertently copy projects by appending an autoincremented numeral to the filename.

But please, really, get it to together and don't do this nonstandard BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

I too need to use the duplication for entire projects on a very regular basis. We need videos with different subtitles. Can you please update with this option?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

I figured out a workaround if you are interested. Install Adobe Rush on another device (like an iPhone) and login with the same credentials as the primary device. Open your project on each device and make a small change on one device, like adding a title at the end. Close both verions of the project. When you open the project again you'll get a warning dialog that reads something like "Project Conflict. The version on the server will overwrite the version on your device. Do you want to save a co

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

I, too, have cancelled my account.

The inability to do a process associated with a bedrock file-write function (copy, edit, delete) is, well, too dumb to believe. It's obvious that today's engineers and product managers at Adobe think they can do better than the rational user functions that have been in play 30+ years in the consumer market.

Looking for a new solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

I couldn't agree more. The arrogance on the part of the "engineers" that everyone will just get it eventually is madding. What is wrong with you Adobe. "Save as" is a part of every program you and every other software company makes. Why did you think you were being so cool leaving it out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

I have the same problem regarding the need to copy a project and duplicating the sequence doesn't help as its my edit of various sequences I need. I've spent hours editing a video where I have added subtitles. I also need a version without subtitles but didn't realise the software would be so limiting that I couldn't do a basic save as. So now if I delete the subtitles and export I imagine I will loose my subtitles which I want to keep as an alternative. Ludicrous! Very frustrating! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stefanburm​,

Thanks for trying out Premiere Rush and highlighting your doubt.

Copying(duplicating) a project is not possible in Premiere Rush currently.  However, the same purpose can be achieved by duplicating a sequence in project panel. Just open the project panel, click on ellipsis(...) on any sequence thumbnail and hit Duplicate to copy that sequence in the project panel.

You can also rename the (duplicated )sequences as you like and keep them intact while you continue editing on the original sequence.

I Hope this will help.

You can also submit feature requests for anything you would like to see in Rush here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

Keep highlighting your doubts. !

We are continuously working to provide the best experience for our users.

Glad to help,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a video tutorial on how to complete this function!

How to Duplicate Sequences in Premiere Rush - YouTube

Hope this helps.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insane usability and violates everything known and learned about read/write/copy/delete file operations. This is ad-hoc engineering at its worst.

Please fix this absolutely insipid nonsense. It should even be possible to inadvertently copy projects by appending an autoincremented numeral to the filename.

But please, really, get it to together and don't do this nonstandard BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more. The arrogance on the part of the "engineers" that everyone will just get it eventually is madding. What is wrong with you Adobe. "Save as" is a part of every program you and every other software company makes. Why did you think you were being so cool leaving it out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anyone else like imovie more? I've made 1 project with Rush and feel like imovie has more functions and is much more user-friendly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too need to use the duplication for entire projects on a very regular basis. We need videos with different subtitles. Can you please update with this option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out a workaround if you are interested. Install Adobe Rush on another device (like an iPhone) and login with the same credentials as the primary device. Open your project on each device and make a small change on one device, like adding a title at the end. Close both verions of the project. When you open the project again you'll get a warning dialog that reads something like "Project Conflict. The version on the server will overwrite the version on your device. Do you want to save a copy of it first?". Go ahead and hit "Save copy" and you'll have two versions of the same project--one with the minor change you made that can easily be edited out. Hope this helps, it worked for me when I need to create a French version of an English video.

-Paul 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

You saved me from lots of work...your workaround was genius and worked for me!! Thanks a bunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this and no error comes up, but my small change is on both copies... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it appears Adobe has "fixed" it. The workaround no longer works. I have moved to a different video editing solution. 

Update: The hack still works but you have to jiggle it a bit sometimes. I just made four copies of the same short video without any issue. Playing with the sync settings is key as you have to fool the app into thinking there's a conflict. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, have cancelled my account.

The inability to do a process associated with a bedrock file-write function (copy, edit, delete) is, well, too dumb to believe. It's obvious that today's engineers and product managers at Adobe think they can do better than the rational user functions that have been in play 30+ years in the consumer market.

Looking for a new solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did the same thing for me at first, but I got it to work by making a small change on both desktop and mobile. (A different change on each.) This workaround is a LIFESAVER. Thank God for your comment @Pushstick! I don't know what I would have done without this after sinking so much time into my video! So relieved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is insane that we have to do this, nut you are !$%@ing genius!  love the fix and thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This totally worked! I opened the project on my iphone and returned to my Adobe Rush Project on my PC. I didn't see the pop-up to save a copy until I went back to the home screen in Rush and tried to reopen the same project. I was able to create a copy and rename it. Thank you so much. I plan to create school videos with a common title/music theme and this helps tremendously. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😉 Same here Dawg. Saved me a ton of needless work....what you said worked. Thank you, Steven Palange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Hopefully this helps others:

On the Home page, under the video you want to copy, press on the 3 dots ... (Project Options)  then click Duplicate. This is how we proceed to copy a project and change subtitles from French to English.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MadMonkey,

Copying projects is a new feature in Rush. In previous versions, it was not possible and this thread dealt with a workaround fix that worked, by tricking the app into creating a duplicate versions.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you know this since November 2018 (minimum), 1,5 years, and there is still no possibility to copy a project?! Sorry, but that's ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nuts that this functionality is missing. Duplicating a sequence is no where close to duplicating a project. I used Rush to create a 3-minute video with caption overlays and now I have to create a French version. I'm screwed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to do the exact same thing so many times and its always a headache. 
I hope this is fixed soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is not the correct answer.  please remove the correct answer badge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the video Caroline. A video that went too fast, didn't explain what to do with these new clips in the timeline to create a new project. And you or no one from Adobe has engaged in answering the real question. Why is there no save as? Why can we not duplicate files where you store these on the cloud? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the functionality to copy a PROJECT, not a sequence.  It's mind-blowing that the only way to do this is to create conflicting copies.  This "save-as" funtionality is one of the most basic things in any app, I agree with other commentors that Adobe not building in this functionality is mind-bendingly strange and frustrating.  Thanks to Pushstick for the creative workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines