• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change duration of still image?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeez, this program is so counter-intuitive to me. No matter what I do, I can't seem to change the duration of a still image I uploaded to the end of my video. I need it up for longer than the 2 or 3 default seconds so I can show my audience a price breakdown. Help please? 😮

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KamaS!

Tap or click on your still image in the timeline! It will highlight orange like this. Then you can grab the thicker section of orange on the sides of the image and drag it to the right to lengthen it!

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 4.43.15 PM.png

Hope this is helpful.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move your cursor to the edge of your clip until it turns in to a bracket with an arrow. Click and hold then drag to your desired length.

Here I made a GIF

rush_photo_dur.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get that to work on video sequences, but not on a picture. It's like the image preview is too narrow on the track line to 'grab'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2019 Jan 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maureen,

It's possible you're not zoomed in far enough to access the handles. Can try that and let us know if it helps? If not, can you upload a screen recording issue?

Thanks,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PG,

I can only manage two levels of 'zoom' - is there a way to zoom in further onto the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two ways to Zoom In and Out in Rush.

1. Select the + and - keys (+ to zoom in)

2. Use the scroom bar at the bottom of the timeline (See image below). If you drag the handle left, it will zoom in.

Zoom.png

Let us know if that helps!

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I imported a picture and it actually does not show a thumbnail of the picture.  It is just a short rectangle with thin lines.  Is it an import error of the still picture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just clicked on "View" "Project Assets" and the assets panel opened up and when it did it made my picture into more of a thumbnail size with the borders.  When I hover over the right edge I get the curser tip that shows me that I can use to extend the duration of the picture.  So problem solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

100% Agree! I'm simply trying to change the overall length of my project which is a bunch of jpgs. I can't find how to change the overall length, nor am I able to change ALL clips to a certain length. 

I'm sure this is most likely user error. As I can't imagine for the life of me how Adobe would put a product out with what would seem to be pretty basic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines