Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to divide a long video in multiple sequences

Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In Premiere Rush I have a long video that lasts 2 hours.

I would like to divide this video in multiple sequences in my project panel. 

By example if I divide it in 5 sequences, I would like to have these 5 sequences in my project panel (in the same project panel as my main video).

How to do this ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more clear, from a long video in Premiere Rush, I would like to make sub-clips. How to do this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rush's Project Panel provides two way to create sequences in an existing project:

1. Duplicate: click the options menu (...) for a sequence and select Duplicate.
  2. Create New Sequence: select one or more clips, the click the New Sequence button in the bottom left corner. BC6BA86D-E93C-4171-A239-043DCC06D2DE.jpeg

Since you want each sequence to use a different segment of the master clip, I recommend #2. 
You also might want to use a feature we call Large Preview, which allows you to trim to the segment of interest before adding it to the sequence. To do this, click the Options button for the master clip & select "Open." In Large Preview, drag the trim handles to define the segment to be imported, then click the Plus button at the lower right corner of the preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines