• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Install Premiere Rush without Creative Cloud Manager

Enthusiast ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am normally using Adobe Premiere with my full Creative Cloud Suite on main Editing desktop PC, but have just bought a 'Lite Windows 10  PC'  for  travelling. I thought I would just try out Premiere Rush on it as full Premiere would be a bit of a struggle on the CPU I think.  There is not that much space on the eMMC memory drive so I don't want the Creative Cloud Sync'd stuff. I have tried three ways to do it and always Creative Cloud Desktop manager is loaded and downloading all my cloud files. Don't want that !". Just the Premiere Rush app that's it

What am I doing wrong - how is this achieved?. Tried all threads but can't see a way.

TOPICS
Cloud sync , Desktop version , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Welcome to the forum 🙂
I understand that you need to install Premiere Rush without Creative Cloud desktop app.
Unfortunately, there is no other way to do that. You need to install Rush from CCDA for licensing and subscription.
Feel free to request for this feature here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

Let us know if you have any other question.

Thanks,

KRawat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Kartika

Thx for the reply. Having spent some time on this I thought I might be missing something and there was a way to do it. I found a Premiere Rush download link - but of course it downloaded the Creative Cloud Desktop manager as well.

The rationale is simple - for a mobile, ... Premiere Rush is a relatively lightweight app compared to Premiere Pro on a Desktop.

My main reason for buying a small Windows 10 PC is that this gives me two USB3 ports for fast back up of my HD and 4K camera files onto a 4TB hardisk. Plus of course web browsing/email.

Having Creative Cloud download all your work files to sync on a small Windows machine is not needed as Rush should be easy to run on a small PC with limited space.

I'll post a suggestion on User Voice from your link - I think licencing can be managed easily enough surely?. A tweaked Mobile Version would be enough to rough out ideas and sequences whilst away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JonesVid!
You could turn off syncing on your projects if you're trying to avoid that functionality, would that meet your needs?  Happy to help!

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Caroline, I tried pausing sync already but that prevented Premiere Rush downloading and working correctly. This is not the solution. We need a true stand alone solution on devices which cannot cope with syncing the whole creative cloud environment. As soon as syncing is enabled to try to complete the Premiere Rush installation it try's to download gigabytes if My Files in parallel.

Need a neater solution for Premiere Rush please - that offers options to turn off certain synced files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines