• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep small video file (.mp4) size when appending zoom recorded videos (.mp4)?

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I append several zoom-recorded videos using Premiere Rush, the exported video file beomes much larger. For example, my original files are zoomA.mp4 (8MB) and zoomB.mp4 (4MB). When combining these two zoom videos and exported with standard resolution, the output ZoomOutput.mp4 (over 100MB). How can we keep the original file size and make the file size, about 12MB?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say how long your movie is but 12 meg is a pretty short movie!

You can certainly reduce resolution, quality and even frame rate -- but is it really worth it to save a few megs of space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your reply! Zoom recording makes .mp4 file size very small. For example, "chap7_spatialjoin1.mp4" is about 16MB (approximately 13min video) and "chap7_spatialjoin2.mp4" is about 3.6MB (approximately 4 min. video).

chap7_screenshot.jpg

When I use rush to combine the two .mp4 files ("chap7_spatialjoin1.mp4" and "chap7_spatialjoin2.mp4"), the output file ("chap7_spatialjoin_fin.mp4") becomes very large, even when I use low resolution (please see the picture below). Why??

chap7_rushoutput_low_resolution.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what about quality option? I am not able to understand what option is picked.

rush-export1.JPG

What estimated size you get when you change quality options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Quality" was "Low" with the esimated file size of 315MB. When I selected "High" quality with the same data as below, the esimated file size became 925MB.

chap7_spatiajoin_rushoutput.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

929MB instead of 925. I am sorry for the typo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is very strange. For ~18min clip 720P I get estimations between 18MB( High Q) and 5MB ( Low Q).

Any effects or additional layers added?
If you try it with new project and just single clip what estimation you get?

You can try also with sample clips comming with Rush. What estimation you will get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to experiment with export quality. With compressed images and video files the most important part of size is quality or known with video as bitrate. It is easy to make every small footage much bigger if you set qulity or bitrate too high.
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/help/export-share-video.html

From above link you can see how to manage quality in time of export.

And also just below the file name in export dialog you have estimated file size.

rush-export.JPG

Above screenshot is from windows Rush app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear PY,

Thank you for your kind reply! Please see my reply to Steve who also kindly answered my same question in the same thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines