• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make videos collage on a single frame in Rush?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping to create a music video comprised of several musicians each in separate location. Each person will play and video themselves to a track. I'd like to patch their individual videos together in one video - - ie - - the end product is an ensemble of remotely located musicians playing a piece together.

Can this be done using Rush?

Title edited by mod

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Hi Sunny!

Thanks for the video attached. This looks a great idea.

Rush can do this with some tricks. You need to do manual work to get this output. Also, you can have only four videos at a time on the screen because Rush has 4 video tracks. I've tried at my end to get this type of effect. Here's a screenshot for the reference:

Kartika_1-1588369078122.png

I hope this answers your query.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SunnyMalu!

Thanks for writing in. I don't think Rush has a feature where people can work individually and then combine into a single project. You can sync your project to Creative Cloud. This will let you access your project on multiple devices. Check here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/help/project-syncing-premiere-rush.html

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably not using the correct lingo!  Here is an example of what I'm hoping to do - not necessarily with this many videos, but I think you get the idea.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt0oIuauqNQ

Each individual creates their own video of themselves - then everyone sends in their video to one person who then puts all the videos together as you see here. I'm sure there's a name for this sort of thing - - seeing a lot of it during these COVID-19 days!

Can this sort of thing be created using Rush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody out there?
These type of videos are quite popular these days, what with social distancing and musicians still wanting to collaborate.  I simply need to determine whether this technique is something Rush is capable of doing. Again, here is an example - you can see this video is comprised of multiple videos submitted by folks near and far, and then they are merged together to show the group performing a piece together - here's the example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nTSJoxTgos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SunnyMalu,

This looks like it's done in Zoom, a free online app used for meetings, hanging out with friends etc. It has a great recording function so the video gets created at the same time. https://zoom.us/

Check it out, it's the best app out there, most used app in these Covid times.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  But no, it was created with Final Cut Pro.

I know Adobe Premiere can create these types of videos. I'm simply asking whether Rush can do this technique as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunny!

Thanks for the video attached. This looks a great idea.

Rush can do this with some tricks. You need to do manual work to get this output. Also, you can have only four videos at a time on the screen because Rush has 4 video tracks. I've tried at my end to get this type of effect. Here's a screenshot for the reference:

Kartika_1-1588369078122.png

I hope this answers your query.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, interesting. Thank you!  This is the info I was seeking. So, it sounds like Adobe Premiere would be the more robust solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use Premiere Pro where it has multiple video tracks.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Happy Friday.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many video tracks will Premiere Pro allow?  What if I had 60 musicians collaborating in this way - can it handle that?  I've seen videos with that many, and even more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about 60 but I've tried so I reached up to 11 tracks. You can give it a try.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How can I make college video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines