Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to share a project in Premiere Rush

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All-
I'm a super veteran ADOBE user in the video game space, mainly photoshop. I've been using RUSH recently for some hobby videos--I love it so much! Nice work.

I'd like to collaborate on a video with a friend, but cannot figure out how to share a Project or even single video setup within that project with another human. Please advise.

Thanks-
Roger

TOPICS
Desktop version , How to , Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Rush really isn't built to do that. Premiere Pro has some collaboration tools built-in if you want to give that a try.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/production-panel.html#:~:text=When%20you%20have%20large%20or,and%20assets%20organized%20and%20efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rush really isn't built to do that. Premiere Pro has some collaboration tools built-in if you want to give that a try.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/production-panel.html#:~:text=When%20you%20have%20large%2...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, kindly. 

With premiere pro, which I have, its justa bigger and more complex tool. I like the cleanness of rush, just hoped to share.

I see there are some cloud share tools under a new subscript type. Curious on those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a missed opportunity here.  I have clients in the corporate space who are looking to create very basic videos.  Graphics department has created MOGRTs for their use, and all they want to do is pull in zoom recordings, drop some branded titles on and push them out on a monthly basis.  These clients do have more professional videos which they hire a videographer/editor, but for these other videos they are looking to use RUSH since it is so user-friendly.  However, the lack of collaboration makes this impossible.  Also, the fact that the graphics team needs to create MOGRTs in Premiere (instead of After Effects) limits their UI control in Essential Graphics. 

I've talked to so many people in the financial/corporate space who because of Covid are pushing hard to digital and these quick turn videos.  These folks aren't going to learn Premiere.  Please communicate this up the chain and bring Team Projects to RUSH please! (and bonus points for allowing AE designed MOGRTs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: In case Adobe team reads this - I have been actively guiding them to Adobe products, but because of this inability to collaborate, I'm forced to find other platforms.  It's a real bummer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ddub,

As gerik mentioned, check out Premiere Pro for full collaboration in a corporate environment. If you want Rush to do something it wasn't designed to do, that may be more of a heavy lift. You can see that others before you have also requested that feature, so it's a great idea.

Add your upvote here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush/suggestions/35881993-make-it-possible-...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Kevin.   I've already upvoted and added several comments there.  I was hoping the 2022 version would come with collaboration.  The clients we are working with are investment professionals.  They can barely wrap their head around Rush.  There's no way they can work in Premiere.  I've trained one person, but there's a bunch of heavy lifting on our small design team's end to support that one person. Seeing as we are trying to build this out to scale, there's no room for this level of support.

Unfortunately, I've had to turn to places like www.canva.com . I really don't want to have to learn this whole new platform and be limited (I doubt I'll be able to create MOGRTs and import them into their platform) with what we can control, but alas, I have no other options.

I think the frustrating thing for us loyal Adobe users is that 1. we can create a Rush project on our laptop and then go to our desktop and edit the same project, and 2. we can create a Team Project in Premiere.  I'm no software engineer, but it seems that given those two examples, what we are asking for is very possible, so we're left scratching our heads as to why the resistance here. If it's $, then just charge more for "Rush for Teams."  We'll pay it 🙂

Anyway, thanks for listening.  I'll upvote and comment on the link above again and cross my fingers.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ddub,

Sorry about that, my friend. If you're looking at Canva, have you checked out the all-new CC Express? This offers some collaboration and is similar to Canva. There are simple tools to cut together 3 clips and slap a branded logo on it. May be just what you are looking for. Let me know if you have any questions about that. Before you ask, "Does CC Express interact with the pro video tools?" I can answer no to that off the bat. That said, it does allow access to Libraries. To mogrts located in Libraries? No, sorry. The video tools within the app are primitive browser based stuff. Edit and Trim Clips, make GIFs, etc.

As you can see with all the up votes, the Rush team is probably well aware that people want a version that allows for collaboration. Hope it happens. I love the idea, personally. That said, though all things are possible with software, not all things are practical - let's just hope that the product team agrees with you and me.

As far as Rush goes for the future, I cannot really give any details of the roadmap, as that would be career limiting, so to speak, and is outside of my purview anyway. So what will happen there? We shall see. In the meantime, do have a look at CC Express. It could work for you quite well.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree that Adobe is really missing out here and we, the end user is left stuck because our Agency is in the same situation as Ddub89. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @r5dsign,

Thanks for the post. I see that you are in the same predicament as others on the thread. I sympathize with you. Rush was never designed for collaboration, however, Premiere Pro works well with that right now.

Rather than waiting for collaboration tools to come with Rush, may I suggest that your agency use Premiere Pro for collaboraton of video projects? I do that and it works well.

The only limitations are that there is no mobile version of Premiere Pro and it comes at a higher cost.

Here's an idea: you can do a rough cut on Rush and Premiere Pro can import the Rush project. Then, you can start the collaboraton process with others. Let me know what you think and if you need help with that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Kevin. I guess our dilemma is that our employees in the field, who are willing to start in Premiere Rush, are creating their Rush projects but, for XY reasons need to hand off these projects to us so we can  finish the projects in Premiere Pro.  I can import MY OWN Rush projects (that I have created) which is great but I cannot import or open someone else's Rush projects in Premiere Pro because there is no way for them to share their Rush projects with me. I sure hope I am just missing something really obvious but in the meantime, this really defeats the purpose of being able to collaborate seamlessly between Adobe CC apps. I'm sure there has to be a way but the Adobe engineers have to make that happen. Otherwise, we will probably resort to other options as other expressed.  
Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure @r5dsign,

I see your problem. That is a tough one. They would have to have Premiere Pro licenses, as well, to pull off a good workflow. That is, they rough cut on Rush, import the Rush project into a Teams Project, and then (as a Teams collaborator) you could grab their rough cut and carry on from there. Team Projects are perfect for ad agencies and the like. It's very good with many smaller projects and collaboration in that respect.

In other words, they wouldn't need to learn much about Premiere Pro, just the "hand off" process. I'm not sure if your agency has the capacity to carry additional licenses for Premiere Pro for them, but that is how I'd approach it.

There is probably also some "hack" out there that I cannot condone, but I have heard murmurs about this out in the ether.

Waiting for collaboration to appear in Rush might be a long wait. I'd go with what works now in Premiere Pro if that is at all possible. I do understand the disappointment and frustration, though. I was an editor for many years and freelanced at a lot of ad agencies here in San Francisco (Goodby Silverstein, etc.). I wish that Rush and Team Projects existed back then. I was a Final Cut and Avid editor at the time. Eons ago where collaboraton was only a dream!

Hope the advice provided some perspective or a solution for you.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! That is exactly the problem: we cannot possibly pay for all our our employees to have a Premiere Pro licence just to hand off a project. Buying more Adobe licenses would certainly be more profitable for Adobe but would have a major impact on our Agency's annual budget, which these days keeps on shrinking. I will have to discourage my employees from using Premiere Rush for now. Oh well... thanks for trying anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks for your response. I wish I could help you more. Perhaps a different mobile editing app can provide you an XML for interchange. Certain ones do export XML files, I think. I can think of one or two that might do the trick.

One would involve a plug-in, though, called XtoCC. Maybe that might be worth exploring.

I'm sorry the budgets are shrinking. In my time as an editor, ad agencies like Goodby had very deep pockets and threw a ton of $$$ around. Times have changed I guess. I wish you luck in your gig. 

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines