• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Accidentally Deleted a Premiere Rush Project!! How to Recover?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help me!? I am in urgent need of assistance. I accidentally deleted my entire Adobe Premiere project, and I am trying to restore the full, edited version of my project that it was before it was deleted. Are there any sort of autosave files or anything of that sort so I can fully restore my project? Please, someone help. Thank you.

crumbum01

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Hi Nick,

When you start a project, there are two boxes which allow you to "Sync with Creative Cloud" and "Copy Media." If you check both, your proxies of your video will be saved to your creative cloud in a folder called “Adobe" and a copy of the media will also be saved to your Rush imported media folder. To change this local media folder, just go to Project Rush > Preferences. Here you can change the media import folder destination.

Please check the below kb to browse and check your files

Browse, search, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

When you start a project, there are two boxes which allow you to "Sync with Creative Cloud" and "Copy Media." If you check both, your proxies of your video will be saved to your creative cloud in a folder called “Adobe" and a copy of the media will also be saved to your Rush imported media folder. To change this local media folder, just go to Project Rush > Preferences. Here you can change the media import folder destination.

Please check the below kb to browse and check your files

Browse, search, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I know this is a late question but my computer crashed and I had to rest it, I thought everything was backed up but I cannot find my PR project.  If I don't have "Copy Media" checked, only "Sync with Creative Cloud" does this mean I have lost my project completely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just solved this, I panicked when I had the same issue - I don't know if I had checked Copy Media and Sync with Creative Cloud when I created the project, but this worked for me.

I opened the project I was working on (it was not obvious which it was since clicking 'New Sequence' had changed the thumbnail image to blank), then clicked the Drawer icon on the left to bring up my Project Assets. I scrolled through until I found 'Sequence 01', which contained my whole original video. I then added this to my project again so I could continue working on it. Hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God Bless you! your comment just saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! I'm so glad it helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're lucky.  I haven't yet worked how to delete a file 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to put in a feature request for there to be a "double ask button"

Something like a 2 step delete after you hit the first delete. A second one should come up showing a mini clip from your project(like a summary of it) and then It should say again, 

"are you sure you want to delete this project?"

unfortunately, I just deleted a couple hours of work and I was almost done with the music video so this is really frustrating. I lost all the sound editing too. I love this product, and this is the first time I've made this terrible mistake, so it's just super frustrating. No, I didn't have those other two options checked that are mentioned below. Please make the deleting a project a bit more fool-proof. Thank you. 🙏 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines