Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Media on Macbook Pro (15" 2015) Distorted, iPhone Imports Okay

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When importing certain media into Rush on my Macbook, the audio is very distorted however, if I import that same media into the same project on the iPhone app, I have no problems. Exact same files and project.

I've had this happen with several pieces of media: .mp3s from a music catalog online, and iPhone video Airdropped to my MacBook.

Boggles my mind since usually desktop applications are more reliable. Although I eventually plan to switch to iOS and iPadOS only, I still think this is something that should be addressed.

Thank you,

Clayton Chavez

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Import , Mobile version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clayton, 

There are a few things that can cause this to happen. Here are a few possible solutions. Please let us know if any of them work for you or not, and we can continue to investigate. 

1. Open the project > Go to View menu > Turn off "Use Optimized Clips" in the
  2. Go to Premiere Rush > Preferences > Set "Audio Input" to No Input 
  3. If you have any external sounds devices (cards, headphones), quit Rush > Unplug hardware > Plug back in > Launch Rush 

Hope this helps!

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Turning off "Use Optimized Clips" worked, but doing so makes the application a lot harder to use; it lags and hangs on my out-of-date computer. 

Would love for this bug to be addressed as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Clayton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines