• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 10 4k HEVC files not importing to Premiere Rush CC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I'm having a similar generic import error as someone was on another thread.

I'm trying to import native 4k video files from an iPhone 10 (HEVC H.265 .MOV files) and they're not working.  I'm a current CC Photography subscriber, and when I installed the free version of Premiere Rush it said HEVC files were only supported in the subscription version.

So I went ahead and subscribed (because I'm a fan of Lightroom CC) but the files will don't seem to be working.

In terms of workflow, I'm saving all of the video files directly from my Lightroom CC account onto my my Windows 10 desktop locally for import.

Please help!

Thanks,

Jon

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Thanks Peter.  I've experienced some inconsistencies with import, but I did eventually get it working after moving the files around off of my network drive.  I also confirmed that the video files I saved locally from my Lightroom CC account are the exact same as if I take them directly off my iPhone, so it looks like the Lightroom workflow is possible.

I do have a follow up question related to exporting 4k 60fps footage though... it seems that the max option is the high quality setting, but that

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues with the desktop bigger brother, Premiere Pro version 13. The newest one that says its suppose to support HEVC is importing GoPro and HEVC iPhone X videos.

Rush version on phone seems like it officially support HEVC according to website wording. I am a active subscriber to Premiere so not sure what it will take to enable support, legal license issue or money issue? Not sure but I agree if its on the iPhone it needs to handle it or whats the point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

I'm sorry for the trouble. I'm able to successfully import HEVC video files from my iPhone X into Rush on PC and Mac. From what I've read Lightroom CC does not support HEVC files (I could be wrong but doing more digging). For now, can you try adding your HEVC files directly to your PC's desktop from your phone or upload to your Creative Cloud folder or Dropbox account? Can you import the files into Rush then?

Here's a help doc from the Lightroom team that provides additional information.

HEIC and HEVC media files support in Lightroom and Camera Raw

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks!

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter.  I've experienced some inconsistencies with import, but I did eventually get it working after moving the files around off of my network drive.  I also confirmed that the video files I saved locally from my Lightroom CC account are the exact same as if I take them directly off my iPhone, so it looks like the Lightroom workflow is possible.

I do have a follow up question related to exporting 4k 60fps footage though... it seems that the max option is the high quality setting, but that results in a bitrate of only about 20Mbps but the native files are coming in around 50Mbps. 

So I'm getting all sorts of compression artifacts and I'm wondering if I'm missing another setting to crank up to higher quality, or if this is something you're planning to add in the future?  I'm sure it would be ok for 1080p footage, but the high setting just doesn't seem to cut it for 4k?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jon!

Rush is still in its early stages and is intentionally designed for simple, intuitive editing. We do have plans to expand the capabilities of the app but if 4k footage is not prioritized as one of the first improvements made, it's because that's an intense workflow that's more well-suited for experienced editors on Premiere Pro.

However, you can request 4k export to be prioritized by the engineering team here: Premiere Rush: Hot (384 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Go to that page and scroll down a bit, you'll see it. I upvoted it for you too!

Thanks for the awesome question,

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines