• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 12 pro Dolby Vision

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I cannot export my videos that come from my iPhone 12 pro if they are filmed in 4K - Dolby vision. Will there be an update to make this work?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing with my 12. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. I cannot import any video and cannot use the app.   One of the main reasons I maintain a monthly subscription.  Hope the fix is very very soon 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't recognize the HDR Dolby Pro Max codec yet. Hopefully that changes. The only two programs the recognize it currently are Final Cut Pro and iMovie. There is a write up on converting the footage from HDR to Rec 709 color space in FCP here: https://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/docs/HDR_WideColor.pdf. You can get a 90 day trial of FCP for free if you have a Mac. I found a sort of work around: by Airdropping the videos to my desktop the were converted to SDR but retained the HDR look. There was a little banding in some of the highlights, but like normal .h264. I have heard of other similar methods by iMessaging the movie. None of this is ideal. That's what we get for dancing on the bleeding edge...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried importing some videos from the iPhone 12 Pro Max today into the newest version of Premiere and they worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming you are using premiere Rush on your iPhone and not the desktop version.   The issue is with the mobile app, which is still not working on my device today.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine won't work in the desktop or mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when this will be fixed by Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, can't upload my videos in the creative cloud app...i hope Adobe fixes this soon...otherwise i will cancel my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok finally after a month I've worked it out how to Export iPhone 12 Dolby Vision HDR projects in Premiere Pro and to save anymore tears for all of us 😂  1: Import your iPhone footage into Premiere Pro I'm currently using version 14.5 which you will need. 2: Set your sequence to match frame size, rate etc but the main thing we need to do is change "Working Color Space" to Rec 2100 HLG. iPhone Dolby Vision colour space is Rec 2020 HLG but this will work for now until they update Premiere. 3: Make sure when you color grade set your scopes to HDR and color space to Rec 2100 HLG. 4: Ok this is where I lost my mind for the last month but finally worked it out. For Export choose MXF OP1a Format Video Codec: XAVC QFHD Intra Class 300 Next go to HDR Graphics White (Nits) make sure this is 203 (75% HLG) which is standard. Tick Render at maximum depth, Enable Smart Rendering Codec, Hybrid Log Gamma, Use Maximum Render Quality. If your wanting to upload to YouTube or for a client this is the best and only option I've found that works with Premiere. I hope I've saved everyone from this headache. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Premiere Rush forum.   Sure appreciate the tips for the desktop version and will give that a shot over on that platform. 

In the meantime we are looking for a solution for lack of video support on Premiere Rush for the iPhone.  I can confirm that version 15.38 build 1024 does not allow the import of any videos in the new format.  

For me it is not an option to downgrade my recording quality just to make videos with this one piece of software.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunatley one year after no change in this request. HDR is a Must-Have!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines