Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyframes in Premiere Rush

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
Is there a way to add keyframes, specially on the Transform Tools, to a clip in Premiere Rush?

I couldn't find it on the tutorials.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Welcome to the Rush forum, Claudio. Rush 1.0 does not support keyframing. We've heard this request from beta testers and others, so I'm sure it's on our roadmap, but I'm not in a position to know when we plan to add the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Rush forum, Claudio. Rush 1.0 does not support keyframing. We've heard this request from beta testers and others, so I'm sure it's on our roadmap, but I'm not in a position to know when we plan to add the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark, that’s a shame. I was just trying to interpolate some footage in the app. I think the ability to manipulate time to post videos to social media on the fly (ie directly from your phone) ought to be a key feature in Rush CC. Can this be taken as a feature request or should I go via the usu channels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Goats Head Stew,

The Rush team is already working on it. It will be added to Rush in a future update.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez Khan​, Is there any update eta on keyframing in Rush CC for iOS Since February?

For my needs, keyframing is a pass/fail for making the switch and I’m really open to trying a shift from Videoleap to Rush CC.

Any information you can provide would be exciting on this upcoming feature’s availability?

Cheers,

Wade Sellers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Wade,

Are you looking for manual keyframing like Premiere Pro or speed changes to be precise?

The team is actively working on speed changes (slow-down a clip) for a future version of Rush. Sorry, I don't have a particular date but it is coming very soon.

Regards,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for a prompt in-depth reply Rameez!

The speed change is a great feature and I can see that being something to prioritize over a more intensive manual keyframing feature.

I was talking more about the manual keyframing of elements on the timeline. The ability to set keyframes on an object to be able to adjust attributes like positioning, alpha, size, etc, on screen is something I love with VideoLeap and it makes my IG Stories pop with something that stands out uniquely.

For instance, I sent a Happy Birthday IG Story out to a follower and said "look I made you a cake" and I move my open hand up into frame while keyframing the birthday cake frame-by-frame to follow my hand like it's sitting on it. It's these awesome little touches that keyframing gives me the abliity to add into clips that keeps me with them.

I'm hoping to gain that functionality to make the full shift to Adobe on my iPhone/iPad. I use Lightroom CC as well and being able to play inside the Creative Cloud with the Adobe suite completely from my iPhone is the absolute dream. That's what I'm aiming for in this feature inclusion.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my request!

Respectfully,
Wade Sellers

P.S. if you wanna see examples of what I mean here, check out @wadesellers on Instagram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Wade,

Thanks for getting back. Right now, the Rush team is working on speed ramping and I'm sure manual keyframing would be on the radar. However, I don't expect that to be included soon enough because keyframing is more of a "pro" feature and the target audience for Rush (right now) might not want to get into a more intensive task of manual keyframing as you pointed out above. That said, there are a few threads on User Voice - our platform for user feedback and bug reports. The product management actively moderates the platform and the feature requests with more votes get picked up higher in the order.

Here is the link to the keyframe feature request: Add keyframes to animate transform properties please – Adobe video & audio apps

I'd recommend that you upvote it too.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rameez… that’s wonderful feedback and I since went on that link and added

my 2 cents. Thanks for that tip off. I really appreciate the level of

support and personal care to my request you replied back with. Thanks!

On June 19, 2019 at 10:21:53 PM, Rameez Khan (forums_noreply@adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help, Wade.

Best,
Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, just to add to the conversation this is still a much needed update. I'd love to stop paying for videoleap. Keyframes are definitely a basic and necessary feature. Speed ramping could've been solved this way, also reframing, fades and everything else. We don't need separate effects for everything just the ability to manipulate what's already in the app.

Ps. Love the way audio is being handled on the added speed feature. Is there a way to repitch audio automatically like this is PP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rameez,

As a video editor, I love Rush. It has alot of features that cant be found in other mobile editing softwares and I use it primarily because it gives me the ability to do alot of my video editing on mobile devices, not just on the go. As tablets and my phone slowly begin to phase out my desktop usage, I find myself wanting for apps that can help me make full use of these stronger CPU's. Lumafusion has keyframing, and thats iOS centric. I want to keep myself android, and Rush is the best Andoid option. But without keyframing its a hard sell. Once, ages ago, mobile editing may have been for quick edits, but in this day alot of people turn to it for even more professional usage. I'd like to see keyframing pretty badly

Flo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I truly appreciate your teams communication with us users. I respectfully disagree whol. The simple act of having an image let's say fade in and out with opacity is just the feature that keeps us subscribers coming back. As the gentle stated earlier the ability to do that with your phone anywhere and share it immediately seems invaluable. Im not trying to offend but I imagine anyone with a modicum of experience and artistic desire I would assume like I did that it's possible. I am by no means a professional, I am self taught and  simply one person's view but I found it shocking that key frames are not available. .
Thank you for your continued development and I look forward to the day keyframes show up on Rush. . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wholeheartedly. (Typo)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rameez,
Now in 2023 there is a way to keyfram in premiere rush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr. Rameez 

could you fix 2 problems ;

arabic language letters are inverted , and emojis Not appear just shows as boxes 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im zakarya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been TWO YEARS since the first wave of requests for key framing. I purposely purchased the "New" iPad Pro 2019 based on Adobe's promise to develope for THIS device. I HAVE been a Small Business Creative Cloud customer since its' inception. That is a CRAP TON of money wasted because of development delays. Time to buck up or I want some refunds. And not JUST on Rush but photoshop and other apps. WHERE ARE THE DELIVERABLES?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... I'm guessing still no keyframes in Rush? lol. I'm just kind of getting in to video editing, still sticking with photoshop for now with photo plan in CC. But, would really like to key frame overlay images for rotation, movement, opacity, etc. Any news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumafusion on iOS is amazing. I use that in conjunction to rush if needed
but usually its not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I couldn't ever find anything on keyframes, so downloaded the free filmora pro and exported only to find a large banner across the video. So, started the premiere pro trial only to get a "system issues found" error and that my gpus (intel and nvidia) drivers aren't compatible. Then, started looking in to that and apparently my gpu is 'the 4th gen' and premiere now 'requires' the '6th gen'...... like.... holy hell... just want something  I can do some keyframing in to have some arrows track something in a simple little clip without a watermark and without dropping a couple hundred or subscribe, lol. I've seen several posts regarding my thinkpad w541 and premiere pro and there's a mix of people just furious at adobe because the subscription is making their computers obsolete and wanting a stand alone copy of PS, PR, etc, to someone just running with the error warning, to people swapping out their video cards... lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three years later, and STILL no keyframes.

Okay, Adobe. What Adobe tool can I use on my smartphone (iPhone 8 Plus or newer) to do keyframe-based editing and basic to intermediate compositing?

I'm making a TikTok, and I want to edit it using the ecosystem of tools that I've used for nearly 30 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looooove Adobe's toolset, but this issue with a few others that I've seen in other apps has made me wonder as to what they're doing with Rush. Seriously. No keyframes?!? Your users are fleeing to other tools. Deliver this feature. Now ... ish. Like top priority. Seriously. I have to look for another tool to use.

Maybe I'll take another look at Rush in three to six months 🤷‍:male_sign:

Maybe I'll be using another tool, and I'll forget to check back.

I thought that I would NEVER switch from Adobe's toolset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kinda of feeling the same... I'm trying to see if I could switch to using ONLY an iPad, but Adobe is complicating the switch. First it was no PDF export in Photoshop iPad, now no keyframes in Rush.

So If I have someone speaking in a video with an underlaying music track, there's now way for me to dip the audio while the person is speaking and back up again when they are done? I do this with keyframes on Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree about switching away from Adobe's tools. I want to use their stuff, but they are some reason are realllly dragging their feet on iPadOS verison of their apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines