• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mogrt's in Rush work on Win10 but not OSX

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I authored a mogrt  in Premiere Pro v13.0.3 (build 9) on Windows 10 and published it to a shared CC Library.  I opened up Rush on Win10 (1.0.3 build 19), dropped the mogrt onto a timeline and BOOM, it worked as expected.  So far so good.

BUT... when I move over to an OSX machine (10.14) with Rush 1.0.4 (build 2) installed, that same mogrt template breaks.  When I import the mogrt from the CC Library, the animation is there but does not respect the masks that were there when designed.  Also, when I try to install the mogrt locally via disk, Rush throws an error saying the mogrt cannot be installed; the error message does not provide any other details.

Now get this, the same mogrt works in Premiere Pro on the same OSX machine. 

Any ideas on how to get mogrt's to work in Rush across operating systems?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

It looks like the latest update to Rush (1.1) has resolved this problem.  Woo hoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you please tell me which MOGRT it was or share with me? Then I'll be happy to take a look if I can repro this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Annika​,

Just checking to see if you've had a chance to check out my problem with importing mogrt's into Rush on OSX.  Since my initial post I've updated to the newest version of Pr on Windows 10 and OSX and am still having the same problem.  One difference now is that when I try to import a mogrt into Rush on OSX, Rush simply crashes.  I've tried this on multiple OSX boxes with a clean install of Rush.

Feel free to give me a shout if you need any more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current Mac OS is 10.14.3 - not sure that makes a difference but to eliminate it can you update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annikak56002167​ Hey Annika, happy to share the mogrt with you.  Can you PM me a contact email and I'll send it over for testing.

cmgap​ Thanks for the idea!  I double checked and yes, the OS is already at 10.14.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richs29581498, the mogrt was created with masks in the Effect Controls inside of Premiere Pro. This is currently not supported by Rush. The problem is that you can apply it in Rush at all. If you want to play with the mogrt in Premiere, you can delete the masks from the text layers in the Effect Controls and instead use Opacity and Position keyframes to animate in the text and export the mogrt again from within Premiere, but of course it is not quite as elegant as the mask solution. Sorry, you are going through that trouble. You should expect to see this supported in Rush in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Annika.  It might be a good idea to update the Rush/mogrt compatibility page as well as the user guide to reflect the unsupported features as the current verbiage implies that only Pr 13.x is required for mogrt compatibility in Rush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the latest update to Rush (1.1) has resolved this problem.  Woo hoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There you go! Thanks for adding this to the thread. Keep up the reporting of any difficulties!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines