• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Movie changes size after loading clip

Participant ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make a video on an iPhone 5s.  I import that movie into my iMac Rush application.

All looks good - the movie displays and plays at the iphone created width and height dimensions initially.

But after about 30 secods or a minute the width dimension just changes on its own to a very skinny version of the original clip.

Why is this happening and how to I prevent and correct if it does happen?

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Hi Dan and Jean,

Sorry for the hassle with this issue. Can you please try the following and let us know if it helps?

1. Open your Rush project on the desktop 

2. Go to the View menu > Disable "Use Optimized Clips" 

3. Play your sequence

Does that help? 

Thanks, 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adding two screenshots that show the problem.  The first screenshot is after the clip loads as part of the create process.  The second screenshot is the size reduction that occurs adter about 30 seconds.  I do not click or interact with Rush and the image just snaps to the new distorted size.

Correct size on loadingCorrect size on loadingDistorted  size after about 30 secondsDistorted size after about 30 seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about the distorted clips in Premiere Rush. This looks strange. Can you try to close and reopens your project and see if it's still happening. I'd also like to know your system specs (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)? Does it hapens with a specific project

Let us know, happy to help.

Thank you,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding!

I will try with a different clip and report.  But it happens with this clip even with a reboot and fresh start.

The problem does not occur if I load the clip into Adobe Premiere Pro

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.49.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kartika

I posted the system specs.

I tried an entirely different clip recorded from iPhone/Camera/Video.  The exact distortion effect happens approx 30 seconds afterloading the clip into Rush.  The V dimension remains the same but the H dimension gets squished.

Again, the clip loads fine into the Premiere Pro.My iPhone is Model SE, IOS 13.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the screen shots of before and after....

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 3.21.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 3.21.32 PM.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help with your trouble shooting....  I created a clip using a different phone.  

This time I used an iPhone 7 an the exact same squishing occurs.  

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks weird. Can you try to sign out and back in Premiere Rush and see if it brings any change. Also, I'd like to know the exact version of Rush you're using.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush/finding-the-premiere-rush-version-number/m-p/4788185

Thank you,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! Did you find a resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did not find a resolution or any response from an Adobe rep.  =(

My only work around is to shoot in landscape mode if I import to desktop.  BUT....   The mobile app deals with portrait clips fine.  But except for the most rudimentary editing I prefer to not work on the mobile iPhone.

dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Rush 1.5.2.  I already posted info in restarting, etc.

dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V1.5.2  build 536

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan and Jean,

Sorry for the hassle with this issue. Can you please try the following and let us know if it helps?

1. Open your Rush project on the desktop 

2. Go to the View menu > Disable "Use Optimized Clips" 

3. Play your sequence

Does that help? 

Thanks, 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter-  Voila!

Yes, that helps!  Fixes the issue completely!

"Gadzooks! My Joy Knows No Bounds!"

Thank You!

-dan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to hear it! We'll work on getting this addressed. Thanks for letting us know. 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, just for fun,  What was the intent of "use Optimized Clips."  When should that be used?

dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure. Here are some details on it.

"Optimized Clips" are automatically generated when you create a new "Synced" project on a Mac or Windows computer. A copy or proxy of the media is uploaded to Creative Cloud, which allows you to open that project on any device.

Note that Optimized Clips are only generated when you have "Sync with Creative Cloud enabled. Local projects do not generate Optimized Clips.

There are two reasons why Optimized Clips are helpful:

1. As mentioned above, this is the only way to be able to open the same project on another device (Mac, Win, iOS, or Android).

2. If you have a low powered computer, the Optimized Clips are much more performant. Enabling "Use Optimized Clips" will allow you to edit without slowdowns if needed.

Hope this helps! 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines