Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Audio from VOB file import

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm importing some VOB files that contain video with audio. When I import them to Rush the audio isn't available. I'm using headphones. Have selected them in the preferences but no joy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Hi, LunaTickles!

Unfortunately, Rush does not yet support VOB files.  Here's a list of the formats that Rush DOES support:

Import photos, video, and audio to Premiere Rush

You can transcode your file into a format Rush supports by using Adobe Media Encoder, or if you're using the free trial of Rush, I've heard good things about the third-party transcoder, Handbrake. You can see their options here: https://handbrake.fr/

One last thing! You can request VOB support for future Rush updates here: Premiere Rush: Hot (587 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Everything's up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, LunaTickles!

Unfortunately, Rush does not yet support VOB files.  Here's a list of the formats that Rush DOES support:

Import photos, video, and audio to Premiere Rush

You can transcode your file into a format Rush supports by using Adobe Media Encoder, or if you're using the free trial of Rush, I've heard good things about the third-party transcoder, Handbrake. You can see their options here: https://handbrake.fr/

One last thing! You can request VOB support for future Rush updates here: Premiere Rush: Hot (587 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Our engineers check this page regularly to see what our users want/need. That's the best way for your requests to be fulfilled!

So sorry we couldn't provide you VOB support at this time, but I hope this is helpful!

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into a similar problem importing a sound file that wouldn't work. I then opened it in Quicktime then exported it. The resulting file did play properly in Rush. I also have Handbrake but didn't need to use it in this instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines