• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pixelated video glitch in Premiere Rush?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hoping someone can help me get to the bottom of this Rush glitch- I've been editing my videos on the app for a month now with no problems but now I'm seeing a bunch of my media in the video I'm currently editing get really pixelated, the pixelation varies per frame whenever I try to re-Edit or re-import the original media ( photo below is of one of the frames). It's like wack-a-mole trying to get this video pixelation free and I feel like I'm going insane! Any advice will be SO welcomed! 

Title edited by mod

466A45FB-06AA-4AC7-A5A9-E038B02C1582.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Before exporting, try scrubbing through the video timeline using your finger pushing the timeline from beginning to end. In my experience I found the app buffers the entire video when you scrub through the frames especially when there are cuts between frames.

Then export.

During export keep an eye on the preview window -the glitch should no longer appear.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 114 Replies 114
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm mad about Adobe. I have been investing time in Adobe Rush as a trainer, beleiving that it was the best option for mobile video and social media. But I've been struggling for years now with different kind of problems.

Seriously, Adobe, you are able to make wonders (Premiere Pro, After Effects, ...), why is it you do not invest on Rush to solve basic problems ? If you don't like Rush, just abort it, we will find other apps.

Meanwhile, I found a way to overcome glitching problems : just change .mov extension to .mp4 extension on OS X before editing it in Rush.  I just dit that and I do not have any more glitches. I use iPhone 12 pro max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @lionelm74434265, this worked for me as well!
@Kartika Rawat this might be helpful. I had the issue on desktop version of Rush and changing the video from mov to mp4 (before editing in Rush) solved the glitching issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I'm happy I finally have a fix for this extremely frustrating problem that Adobe doesn't seem to care about, it's actually even worse than I thought when the solution is so simple - yet didn't come from Adobe. Why is there no support on this issue, when basically no one with iPhone footage can create a decent export using Rush? Sad, just sad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been THREE YEARS and we still have no fix to this. I've spent all day editing on a brand new iPhone 14 Pro, up to date software, trying to export the videos in every way possible, still getting the same glitch over and over. It affects several different clips, is only visible after export and it drives me mad. At this point I'll demand my money back, and switch to something else. Been editing in Premiere for years but this is ridiculous! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as well. The pixelated images aren't there during editing but on export they are on two clips. I have tried deleting and reinstalling and still same thing. Very frustrating! I have tried the clips again and again and still same result. They play fine when on the same timeline. PLEASE HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and need help urgently - the video glitches and flashes when I export it but it looks fine during playback on the timeline. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Rush, and attempted 4 different export settings to see if lower resolution helps but the glitches persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, I do see glitches in the timeline. I've noticed this happens when I have a lot of aggressive cuts, and lots of clips (20+). I also notice the glitches/color wash out during the export progress preview.

On both iPhone 12Pro, and iPad Pro M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL NO SOLUTION & THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. Literally not one single response from Adobe is an actual resolution, it's just a pushback BS response asking for more information. Come on guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue as well! I treid re exporting it and its the same pixel glithes in the same spots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Mobile Experience]
Same issue for me. It's been happening every time I try to make a video. There's always a spot that gets pixelated. I tried everything: delete, reimport, cut part of the video, move it around, restart my phone, close & reopen the app...what else do I need to do to get rid of this? It seems like many people are running into the same issue - a good product recommendation for Adobe is to at least have a 'Known Issues' somewhere in the app & whether the team is working on it or if it has been fixed. Anyway, very frustrating experience, the thoughts of uninstalling the app cross my mind multiple times since this issues keep happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue too. There is a pixelated band across the top of my video, both when working on the timeline and when exporting. This is the case for every export preset I've tried. My original files do not have this issue. A screenshot is below. 

Strangely enough, when I used the "YouTube 2160p 4K Ultra HD" preset when exporting, the pixelated band shrunk. (see second screenshot)

I've exported many projects on Premiere Rush before and have never had this issue. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? 

I'm using the desktop version of Premiere Rush, v.1.5.25.

megatronator_0-1599946789936.png

megatronator_1-1599946870623.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem my video and audio glitches and the videos are iphone 11 4K videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody – our engineers are working on this issue but they need your help! We've seen these pixels show up particularly bad on video clips that were filmed using the Snapchat camera.
We're looking for files that were NOT filmed on Snapchat that still result in this pixelated image! If you'd be willing to share your clips, please DM me for next steps. 

Happy to work for y'all on our end!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one recorded from Zoom. It is glitchy. Very frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still looking for video clips? I have a clip that is pixelated in Premiere Rush and in the final videos when I try exporting it. The original clip was filmed on my iPhone XR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still taking clips... I've been making movies of my kid and this glitch is so frustrating and random. What a great tool rush is... except for this and the washouts 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've got a video I can send to you guys, that wasn't shot on the Snapchat app. Where can I send it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sebastian!

Can you upload them here and share the download link with us: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Happy to help.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kartika, I have a video I can send you but this link does not work. It's a .mov file that I shot with iphone XR. I have tried different ways, even converting it to mp4 before exporting to Rush but the same problem occurs but when the video is played in a different media, it's clear and does not pixalate. Please let me know who to send it to. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my link because in 2022 I'm still having the same issue. My video was recorded with Lumina AI Cam and it isn't a bad recording.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/be520e09-6fbc-40a4-49af-87abcaeeb15d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kartika, it is obvious Adobe is adamant about this issue. Rendering with glitchy/ pixalated areas can be frustrating. What are you guys doing about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a couple of things that can help. As someone else pointed out, using Handbrake can correct footage that has already been shot on an iphone. Everything played great on my phone but had green and purple pixelation in Premiere. When you add the file into Handbrake, go to the Video tab and choose Constant Quality. Then Encode (you can load multiple files and encode them all in a Queue). Once you import into Premiere there shouldn't be any other issues.

What I also found, and this should help you moving forward, is that in your iphone camera settings, under Formats, make sure you choose Most Compatible. I just switched that on my phone and the original footage didn't have the issues that the previous clips did.

Hope this helps some of you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up. Even with video on the iphone set to Most Compatible (1080p 30 fps) there are occasional glitches - not as many. I changed the video settings to record 1080p 60fps and had no glitches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as a final follow up, the glitches are random. At 60fps there have been fewer glitches but there have still been the oocasional ones that slip in. Fortunately it's a quick fix with Handbrake but obviously there is something about footage from an iphone. Maybe it's a variable frame rate or less reliable frame rate than an actual video camera. These are, after all, phones that are designed with many other functions as opposed to pro cameras that are just that. If Handbrake can correct the problem it would seem logical that Premiere would have a similar functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on different Iphones. Iphone (6,Xr,12Pro) and different Versions including the newest version. 
glitches on footage directly from iphone camera aswell as imported footage from dji mavic and sony Alpha footage. 

cmon Adobe. Please do something NOW. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines