• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pixelated video glitch in Premiere Rush?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hoping someone can help me get to the bottom of this Rush glitch- I've been editing my videos on the app for a month now with no problems but now I'm seeing a bunch of my media in the video I'm currently editing get really pixelated, the pixelation varies per frame whenever I try to re-Edit or re-import the original media ( photo below is of one of the frames). It's like wack-a-mole trying to get this video pixelation free and I feel like I'm going insane! Any advice will be SO welcomed! 

Title edited by mod

466A45FB-06AA-4AC7-A5A9-E038B02C1582.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Before exporting, try scrubbing through the video timeline using your finger pushing the timeline from beginning to end. In my experience I found the app buffers the entire video when you scrub through the frames especially when there are cuts between frames.

Then export.

During export keep an eye on the preview window -the glitch should no longer appear.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having the same issue on the new iphone SE. I really like the editor for quick and easy edits on the go. I'm about to give up though. I have edited about 10-15 videos using Rush and just about every video rendered has multiple glitches. Did lots of troubleshooting and tried everything to get rid of the glitches with no luck. It does it with every type of iphone framerate and resolution. Sucks because it is an awesome editor 😔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Partial pixel overlay from a different section of the video. Only appears after export. Doesn't matter what new video is added to the same section, glitch timing is in the same place. All the video was shot and edited on an iPhone 12. 🥺 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as well. I have my video edited and after it exports, there are at least 2 glitches. I have tried every mode there is for downloading it, and I am stuck. Please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now July 2021 and I'm still having the same issue and I'm assuming there's been no fix. I export a video from my iPhone 12 Pro and I get a few pixelated frames when exporting. I even deleted the clip that the pixel glitch is effecting and it still happens in the same place in the timeline over the next clip that took over in the same spot. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This common problem has been around for a while now and still occurs literally 50% of the time, so it must be difficult to fix. 

for the record, I'm using vertical footage directly from my iPhone XS camera ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm mad about Adobe. I have been investing time in Adobe Rush as a trainer, beleiving that it was the best option for mobile video and social media. But I've been struggling for years now with different kind of problems.

Seriously, Adobe, you are able to make wonders (Premiere Pro, After Effects, ...), why is it you do not invest on Rush to solve basic problems ? If you don't like Rush, just abort it, we will find other apps.

Meanwhile, I found a way to overcome glitching problems : just change .mov extension to .mp4 extension on OS X before editing it in Rush.  I just dit that and I do not have any more glitches. I use iPhone 12 pro max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me on EVERY SINGLE video... and they are sneaky. they pop up randomly and aren't always in the same place. I record in both 60 FPS and 4K 60 and sometimes it doesn't show up until export, sometimes I'm able to catch it. The one (albeit annoying and time consuming) work around is if you find it in the time line, if you split on either side of those few frames and change the speed to 10% and then drag the play head across it a few times and press the space bar to actually play it. click on something else, come back to it, set that speed back to 100% and it usally goes away. if it doesn't, I repeat that until it does and then it's permanently gone. Sucks b/c it's so time consuming to import, export... only to find it later in important videos... very unprofessional looking when a glitch appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me, only after exporting (around 100 times changing the settings as well) I then see the glitches. Any help Adobe??? Because of this Rush actually isn't better than TikTok or Instagram for editing short videos from your phone - why bother?? So much time wasted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its Feb 2022, the glitch problem was ni fix, frustrated with Adobe Rush!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact issue. I'm using the Desktop version. Adobe Rush was working great for like a month and then all the sudden it can't export a 15 second video without having weird glitches in the footage... I'm so frustrated & not sure how to troubleshoot it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

February 2022 and I'm officially giving up on Adobe and this app. Their product are way too expensive not to work without issues. I have been having these glitches happen in every export and sometimes in the timeline. I have spent hours editing the content only to have the time wasted because of issues with exporting the videos.

The Adobe rep stopped replying years ago, so why continue trying with this app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I realized when using RUSH on iPhone 12Pro and iPad Pro M1 (regardless of hardware), the memory management (either buffering or cache) is poor. This becomes more cisible when your project has many cuts (10+).

In edit mode, when scrubbing forward or back, glitches will appear between segment cuts where the cut was not cleanly committed to memory. When this happens the scrub preview will reveal the pixelated image. Pixelation will also hold true in playback/preciew.

On Export, this poor buffer quality of the (cut/segment) image data is reflected in the output file.

This can be traced back in edit mode timeline precisely every time.

To temporarily remedy the glitch, you can manually scrub through the video timeline slowly allowing each cut to buffer properly. Playback should then reveal a clean project.

Once scrubbing reveals no glitches, you can then export a clean file.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this problem been fixed? I have the iPhone 13 pro max and it is giving me the same problem. When I export the video then there is random pixelated clips where there shouldn't be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two tracks to follow :
👉 Try to record video in "Most compatible" in General settings → Camera →
Format

👉 If you still have glitches, try to replace .mov by .mp4 (on Mac osX just
type "mp4" instead of "mov" and it converts automatically) BEFORE you
import it on Rush.

I tried this and it worked once. I don't know if it fixes the issue
sustainably.

--

Lionel Myszka
Formateur, consultant, réalisateur.

02 30 96 12 43
06 82 49 59 18
www.lumiere-communication.com
Abonnez-vous à la newsletter Les Capteurs, vidéo sur smartphone.

Nouveau : un mémo gratuit pour réussir vos tournages [image: arrow]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the best fix, but this is what I do on my iPad. I noticed that cutting (using the scissor) rather than adjusting the length your clips (dragging the beginning or end of clip) reduces the glitch. Again this method reduces it but it still does not eliminate it 100%.  Then I play the video before exporting and watch for any glitches (again this is annoying if you have a long video). Once I find the glitch I just cut that section out, the glitch is usually about a second long. So I just end up sacrificing that portion. Or you can delete that whole clip and import the clip again and start over hoping it won’t glitch or glitch in a different spot of that clip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing - glitches after export. Not there before export. Using Rush on ipad. Tried syncing to desktop and now all my files are missing - UGH. COME ON ADOBE - according to this thread, this is not a new thing. I pay $$$ for all your apps because you guys are the best in the industry... this shouldn't be going on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same glitchiness.  Editing video on iPhone 12 Pro Max, video shot with same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on iPhone 13 Pro Max. Adobe, please fix this. I pay $35/year for this app and this is not the quality I expect from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous.  I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro, shooting in 4k 60fps and editing in Rush on an M1 MacBook Pro, using basic transitions and a few timing changes, exporting as 1080p 30fps.  The output video looks absolutely shocking - pixellated and glitchy.  I'm fed up with using tools and immediately having to google for why they don't work as advertised.  It's a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up using cyberlink powerdirector. I honestly believe once they move things to the cloud they couldn't figure out how to stop it from glitching. Premier does the same thing. Now the software's awesomeness sucks because they can't figure out how to make it work in the cloud. Bring back the software downloads for video editing!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just recreated my video and all transitions in iMovie and it looks pin sharp and the transitions are smooth as silk.  Perfect quality throughout.  Can't stand iMovie, but results are more important than worflow at the end of the day.  Bye bye Premiere Rush!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding this very common in every video I edit in rush that is over 20 seconds, once I get a video more than 20 seconds after I render it and save it to my photos app on my iPhone 13 there's always 1 clip that gets pixelated for a couple seconds or the saturation gets dulled on one of the clips and I can't fix this issue, I try to re export and re edit the clips but then other clips become glitchy and in saturated when I fix the previous ones, very annoying, love the app and functionality of the video editing but what's the use if you cannot export ur video properly in the end. I am deleting the app unless they fix this feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found that if you go to Transform, then do H flip. Play clip. Then hit H flip again to return it. It looks to re-render the clip and fix the pixels. Might have cracked it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not do the trick for me. Glitches temporarily disappear in the timeline but quickly show up again and are always in the export.

seriously Adobe, how many hours of editing have to be lost for you to:

• recognize the issue, and
  • fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only thing that worked on my 14 Pro.  Scrubbing made no difference, but flipping did.  Even after doing a horizontal flip, it came back so then I did a vertical flip back and forth and the glitches are gone.

I'm also going to complain about how crappy Adobe is with apple - especially considering the price. It's really tedious having to color correct eveything shot on an iPhone where footage from every other device looks great. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines