Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG files not importing to Premiere Rush

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

My Premiere Rush no longer imports PNG files - it won't even find them on my hard drive (in the media browser). It appears it only allows me to import video.

Has anyone had this problem, and is there a solution? It imported PNGs ok a couple of days ago.

(PC Laptop, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb Hard Drive, Windows 10)

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Hi robg69165174,

Sorry for the trouble.

Rush should be able to detect all support media files https://helpx.adobe.com/gr_en/rush/help/import-footage.html#file-format-support

Any chance you have selected any Filter(Audio only, Video Only, Image Only ) from the bottom in Media Browser. Select All Media Types option and you should be able to view all media in the corresponding folder.

You can also submit feature requests for anything you would like to see in Rush here:

Premiere Rush: Hot (237 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Thanks for your help, I had accidentally selected that filter. Another case of User Error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Hi @vapordave,

Thanks for your thoughts. This is mainly a user to user forum, so no one would have answers to these questions here, I'm afraid. Sorry about that!

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robg69165174,

Sorry for the trouble.

Rush should be able to detect all support media files https://helpx.adobe.com/gr_en/rush/help/import-footage.html#file-format-support

Any chance you have selected any Filter(Audio only, Video Only, Image Only ) from the bottom in Media Browser. Select All Media Types option and you should be able to view all media in the corresponding folder.

You can also submit feature requests for anything you would like to see in Rush here:

Premiere Rush: Hot (237 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Keep highlighting your doubts!

Glad to help,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, I had accidentally selected that filter. Another case of User Error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SIR I ALSO HAVE SAME ISSUE BUT I CANT FIND ANY TYPE OF FILTER THERE IN MEDIA BROWSER . KINDLY HELP ME OUT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SIR I ALSO HAVE SAME ISSUE BUT I CANT FIND ANY TYPE OF FILTER THERE IN MEDIA BROWSER . KINDLY HELP ME OUT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the "correct" answer, please provide an actual solution to this problem. I have All Media Types selected and Rush is no longer detecting .psd files as of today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@eVapor Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the exact same problem and it's driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't think that .psd files are supported any longer.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer, that seems like a strange trend for a software company that prides itself on close integration of its various applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much easier (and more handy) to make changes to a layered .psd file that's linked to a Rush file than to a single-layered PNG, could someone explain the thought process behind not supporting .psd files in Rush anymore? Or is it that Rush itself is not that popular and Adobe is moving on to other options, and if so, what is the new preferred social media video editing app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @vapordave,

Thanks for your thoughts. This is mainly a user to user forum, so no one would have answers to these questions here, I'm afraid. Sorry about that!

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines