• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Rush CC seems to hang when 'Preparing Media' (Windows 10 x64 platform)

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synopsis of my frustrations:

I'm a newbie to Premier Rush but from what I've heard, it's pretty good folks like me - Namely a Techy' of 25 years experience, but a relatively 'Luddite' idiot in the field of media editing and production etc.

The story so far:

I've just installed Rush and Bridge on my laptop running Windows 10 (x64) Ent' and my aim ultimate is to easily compile some snazzy looking demo sequences of my 4K drone footage for professional purposes. I've chosen Adobe Rush and Bridge experimentally to see how easy it is for someone like me, with no expertise explicitly in digital video production. I want to organise and prepare my media resources on my local network or USB3 HDD's and use Adobe Rush installed on my laptop to (eventually) compile some professional looking video sequences / stills of my drone footage, which I need to present as demo' material to a number of potential clients who are hungry and waiting to view what I can provide for them as a service.

The laptop is pretty high spec' with an Intel 8th gen' Core I7 8850H CPU (12 cores) running at 2.6 Ghz, 16GB of equally as nippy RAM and a Thunderbird cable connected Dock equipped with an Nvidia Quadro P1000 with 4GB of dedicated video ram.

'Cutting to the chase':

The install of Bridge and Rush was successful and without any issues. The Windows 10 Enterprise v1809 OS is a standard build with no silly software of any kind unnecessarily complicating my need to get setup and up to speed compiling these demo sequences, which ultimately will lead to a steadily growing revenue stream for me .... However, if Adobe Rush is not working as expected and actually consuming hours of time diagnosing why it's Ffff'...lipping broken instead of getting out there to fly & shoot and return to edit and present, I'm otherwise at my wit's end and in need of some help to fix this.

Otherwise, to summarise this symptomatically: My laptop is just apparently sitting there 'Preparing media' with no scrolling progress bar to represent the 3 videos (part of the 'stock demo' selection to test this, which are available by default when you install Rush.

Generous contributions of Knowledge:

So, my fine forum fellows .... With the story so far as put to you above, can anyone help or advise me how to resolve this issue I have and put a rewarding end to a problem that's already  committed several hours of my time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ben,

Can you try installing Premiere Pro CC 2019 trial?

So, close Rush, install Premiere Pro trial, Launch Premiere Pro and onceit is open then launch Rush and check if it works.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines