• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Rush is super slow or freezes constantly.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting worse and worse! I literally took my computer back thinking there was something wrong with it, and got a brand new one, only to find that it is the adobe program that is brutally slow and terrible!

I'm not sure what else I can try, as I've just recently installed the program on my new computer and it's super slow still, if not slower than before! Not only is the program painfully slow, it makes my entire computer lag with everything I do.

I have the following problems.

- When editing, the picture looks like people in my videos are Avatar characters (they're all blue or purple), but when I save them and play it back, it's normal.

- It's super slow to load

- It's fuzzy/pixelated

- It freezes often

- Makes my entire computer slow

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? I'm running an HP Ryzen 5 brand new windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Maratee,

EDIT: This is a pretty old post, I just realized....

From the sounds of it, hearing of the "purple" images indicates that you may need to update your GPU drivers. Can you check this article first and then report back?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a few things you can check:

☑ uninstall Rush entirely and fresh install the latest version

☑ make sure to turn on "sync everywhere" on your project so the content can be backed up to the cloud

☑ make sure your OS has enough available RAM, and that other major applications (especially Photoshop) are not competing for your system's processor and RAM priority

☑ you didn't state if you're on Windows or Mac, but make sure your OS updates have been run as well. (Win 10 should be Creator's edition.)

Hope this helps... let us know!

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it matter if you are working off an internal/ external hard drive or an internal/ external SSD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maratee,

EDIT: This is a pretty old post, I just realized....

From the sounds of it, hearing of the "purple" images indicates that you may need to update your GPU drivers. Can you check this article first and then report back?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey  Maratee,

I have a powerful computer as well i7/ 16gb ram/ 1060 gpu 6g vram/ m.2 ssd and hdd dell G7 2018. 

With that said I also noticed the same slow/laggy/ effects that you are experiencing. What I did to fix a little of that is I turned off sync to cloud option which helped a lot, instead, I saved on to the local machine, and when finished editing project I would turn on sync and let it upload to cloud for a secondary save.  Also, I noticed that it is vital from where you are working. If you are working off an external Hard Drive (HDD) you will experience a bit of lag this is the same with internal HDD. Solid State Drive (SSD) changes the game cause lag is almost not seen when working with external SSD or internal. Internal SSD is SO much faster especially M.2 SSD. Remember read/write speeds are vital to Video Editing in general. Also if editing 4k then 32gb is recommended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my windows PC is equally powerful and Rush cannot even play the preview well enough for me to edit my 3 minute video. It's screen captures so should be nothing for Rush to process.

I'm extremely disappointed in this product. It simply does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't enter the same topic in two different threads, Zephyr. It makes is very hard for us to track the conversation and keep track of which issues have been resolved. (I see in the other thread you fixed this issue by changing some Windows settings.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Rush on a Windows Surface laptop. I am just trying to cut the first 2.5 minutes from an hour long webinar. It is saying it will take 9 hours to render?! What am I doing wrong? Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are going so far as to look for their answer in another topic, it would be nice to paste the link here. I would like to know the solution since I am having the same problems and none of the tips here worked for me. Not syncing to cloud, Adobe Premiere Pro works like a charm with a bunch of effects and multiple applications open. Only Adobe Rush, supposed to make my life easier to edit quick Zoom recordings (come on now...) with simple graphics crashes and makes my workflow just about impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a good answer.  Also, go to the program>preferences, and make sure pre-render sequences for playback is selected.  This handled the jittery video for me.  Using an 2017 IMAC.  Fusion Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having these issues.

The slowness is in particular experienced when play/pausing and any cuts to clips. All in all, very frustrating and doesn't seem like my set up should be having such issues.

There is a **five-second** delay after cutting a clip and any response from the application, such as clicking on the clip or hitting play.

When I first started using Rush I had slowness issues which were resolved by "Prepare for playback" + "Use Optimized Clips" + Low preview quality. Today is the first day I have used since the updates (so glad to see 'duplicate project' now).  None of my prior tricks worked. I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled, removed virus software, reinstalled, updated graphics drivers. I'm running this on a 9th Gen Core i7 with 64 gig RAM and an NVIDIA RTX 2060. System and install and cache are all running on an SSD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as mattwoodget, fully speced 9th gen i7, mix of Samsung 970 pro and 970 evo+ and getting this delay after cutting a clip. Any solution? It is really frustating. I wonder if we need more cores? Like a RYZEN?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having these issues. Just had to edit a video in another completely different software cause rush was failling on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same slowness.What software have you been using.Does it work better than rush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peachy5EA7,

1. I've been using Adobe Premiere Pro and totally forgot I was having this problem before.
  2. Also, copy n pasted from my answer above: go to the program>preferences, and make sure pre-render sequences for playback is selected.  This handled the jittery video for me. 
  3. Also, I think you can turn off the cloud backup while your working on the project.  
  4. But for me I just switched to Premiere Pro and forgot about this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks as if I'm not the only one with terrible slowness. After a good start it feel like the Premiere Rush is decaying each time I try to work on my video. I've never made a video before but have used Photoshop and have managed to learn a lot. It's almost as if it's intentionally slow as I  get reminders to upgrade. I have Creative Suite and there are programmes I don't use. Following some recommendations here but don't want to go down the Pro route unless there is guaranteed a real improvement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paperbasedimage: 

Honestly, I was in your same position a couple months ago.  Just had used Photoshop and was trying Premiere Rush.  Pro seemed like a big step before I took it.  Especially b/c Rush wasn't working how I wanted it to.  But it's definitely worth it.  I've since used Premiere Pro for maybe 30-40 videos.  It's easy, fast, not the same problems as Rush.  My recommendation is ditch Rush, never look back, and have fun with Pro.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou. Just looking at the layout of Pro but I'll have to take some time
to familiarize myself with it. I haven't got plans to do many videos yet,
but I have a deadline. I may give it a try. Rush doesn't do what it seems
to promise. Great answer, it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Rush has major problems with w10 . I have tried it on 2 high poered systems and it still gives the same problems as mentioned above

It's super slow to load

- It freezes often

- Makes my entire computer slow

Adobe is in denial here. Just look at the answer above meant to parry the real issue . I mean the purple thing is a small part of the complaint. The big part is this app slows down and freezes on both my pcs. My son has now reluctantly started to use Microsoft Video Editor 2020 the free app in w10 (inside photos app) Its not got asmcu but there is no freezing crashing and he has been put off adobe completly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

W10, AMD 50th edition GPU. 32GB 3200mhz RAM. All the latest drivers.

This issue has existed for months and no improovement what's so ever. Tried re-installing, clearing Cache. No luck. All is seen on Task manager is that Rush is taking a lot of power but not touching the GPU, CPU, RAM or Disk bandwidth. It's like it's doing nothing but stall. The video won't play when you add content and renders the software pointless and frustrating. Premier pro has no problem what's so ever.

It is an Adobe Rush issue as other programs such as Premier Pro has no issued.

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please where did you download your Adobe premiere rush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sequence tab>Prepare for playback. Let it load. Edit. Repeat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i understand that this thread is old, and not to be a debby downer, but I just downloaded this app and it's hella slow for me. I've seen some responses regarding PC hardware, and I would like to mention that my hardware specs should be more than enough to handle this program. For reference they are: 

CPU: Intell i9 9900K 

GPU: AMD Radeon 5600 XT

RAM: 32 GB

Storage: 3TB (2, 1 TB Samsung 860 evo SSDs, and 1, 1 TB Wester Digital HDD). The app is installed on one of my SSDs for fast access. 

I don't know what much you want from me, but I really don't think my hardware is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your hardware is fine it's definitely adobe.

I've called support and it seems the only thing they can chalk it up to is if its the trial version. 

But try using the sequence > prepare for playback 

I also got rid of my WD drive and it seemed to help. If thats what you're pulling your files from. Read/write may be slow. 

I've heard good things from Wondershare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines