• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier rush keeps crashing on IPAD PRO

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app wa working well for about a week and it started crashing consistently I even deleted the app off the iPad and re installed and still not working . Any advice ? I'm a bit bummed out because using the app iPad is so much more efficient and easier exporting to social media platforms 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

For everyone here having issues (iPad Pro or otherwise):

This usually does the trick for me if Rush stalls out (I've identified one particular audio clip that causes issues in my projects, but it could vary from person to person and device to device): 

1. Close out your project, and sign out of Rush and Creative Cloud ON ALL DEVICES.
  2. RESTART YOUR DEVICE/COMPUTER, and make sure you don't have any memory-intensive ("RAM-hogging") apps running while you're starting up (I never run Photoshop, Illu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

We're sorry for the crash. Please provide more info for troubleshooting.

• Are you getting any error codes or messages when it crashes?
  • Does it crash on doing something specific in editing?
  • What type of media files are you working on (codec/ format, frame rate, frame size)?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirtika, 

The app on IPad Pro does not show an error on the screen, it just crashes in the middle of any action. The app does not stay open for more than a min and it crashes when I'm adding a new file, when editing, etc. It is not specific to any action. 

Some of the troubleshooting I completed: uninstalled and reinstalled the program and performed a soft reset on my iPad. 

Thank you and I hope I can get some feedback on this issues. 

Alex 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the app on my iPad it when I attempt to open the app, it opens, spins, and then crashes.

Can't do anything.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, same result.

Works fine on my iPhone. I prefer the larger screen when recording videos.

Please help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens to me. No error message, keeps constantly crashing after any little action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem. Where's the fix Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Keep crashing each time I use randomly. Brand new iPad Pro, no other apps running... can someone correct ASAP?? Why do we pay to have a service that doesn't work monthly??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe premiere rush is constantly crashing for me too. Doesn't seem to be a specific action that causes it. Not even working with 4K footage, working with 1080, on an iPad that is more than capable. getting really frustrated with this app as it's starting to seem useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i put whatever devjce i am using on airplane mode, then I can edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app crashes when I start to edit a title - every time 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what now? None of us have "error codes" & im pretty sure most of us pay good money for these services. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I edit on my iPad Pro 2020, only like a few months old. I use this for editing videos for YouTube and I really need it to work or I'm gonna have to save up for a MacBook because for some reason the iPad can't handle it. It crashes on any action such as zooming in on the files, playing the video, going back to home, opening one of my projects, and things as simple as changing frame size, speed, or just simply scrolling across to get to a different part of the editing. Hopefully you guys fix this cuz the last time I came on here to establish an issue it was the glitch problem where it would randomly glitch in parts of the video and show a static for a split second. Now that issue is gone so hopefully you can do the same here. It's not a problem with storage either because in the app itself I only have one project as of now and the storage is 0.06% of 100 GB. Nor a problem on the device itself because I have a 516 GB iPad with only 44 GB used. And I wasted money on buying another 256 gb card thinking I was running out of storage. I've tried restarting the I pad. Shutting it down for 24 hours and coming back. And even the uninstall and reinstall. Of course I can't do that now because if I do I don't know if I'll loose my project. I've tried exporting as it is cuz I can export it now and still tweak things and separate audios to do it again when I reinstall but when I export it. It stop at at 67% everytime. Shouldn't be a problem with frame rate or quality either because I've never had a problem before. But I have full access to everything creative cloud with student subscription and I export at 4K 60fps. That is literally every juicy detail. PLEEEAAASSSEEE HELLLLP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Folks,
I took the latest update for Adobe Rush yesterday and it is no longer
crashing on my iPad.
Seems to work fine now.
Finally.
Cheers!

--

Mark E Tennant

Cayuse/eSirius3G Administrator / IACUC & ARC IT Support

Case Western Reserve University

School of Medicine

Phone: 216-368-1102

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you are lucky.

What update?

I have been using and teaching showcasing it as a major advance for visual storytelling and yet mine just refuses to function as it is meant to. Could it be that I have too many ( less than 20 though) projects in it?

ADOBE were great when they took my money and totally incapable of comprehension or fixing it through their back office in INDIA, to whom I have repeatedly been making appeals.

PLEASE help anybody ?

Gratefully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I am on several deadlines I am wondering what is really going on ? I am paying for the CC 20 apps package. Exactly a week ago I had no problems. And now I cannot edit on my iPad 8th gen 2020 or even my iPhone 12 Pro MAX 512 gb. It just hangs repeatedly. It is not like I have hour long timelines and fifty projects. I only have about 20 and the longest pre rough cut is about 30 minutes long... CAN THE SYSTEMS YOU ARE PROMOTING AS SMART NEW MOBILE FUNCTIONS NOT FUNCTION ON MOBILE DEVICES? And Adobe Reps have been giving me the merry go round for a senior tech call that NEVER COMES. I because of experience seem to often know more than the reps I have spoken to! They have offered outlandish solutions like a factory reset which as Mac users know Apple would not condone and another rep started talking about "iOS" as if it were an Avid or FCP! He had no idea that it's simply the operating system of the device. This has been going on for several days ( and the reps consistently contradict each other on issues like screen sharing to resolve etc/ they seem to be poorly trained which was never my experience with Adobe before. In addition there is no one person with expansive knowledge of using a couple of CC applications to cut/ it seems like a sweatshop where each nut and each bolt needs a new person/tech rep and then you hold for an hour or even two, being given a merry go round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This is 2024 and it crashes again. I just downloaded Premier Rush on my IPad Pro a week ago and been working on my first video on the app. First week, nothing happened. Then, when I was about to finish the video, BOOM! It crashed!!! I tried to open the video like a hundred times, but I couldn't!!! The file wasn't like several hours long, it was just 27 minutes long and was 1.60GB. I was perfectly new to the app too?! This was what I paid for??? Not worth my money at all!!! I couldn't export my one-week worth of project, now what should I do guys? Please helpppp!!! By the way, the app seemed like it couldn't connect to my wifi since the beginning, so I couldn't upload my project to Creative Cloud either 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here.  But it crashes every time I play one clip from my iphone.  Paul Trani has been pushing using the iPad on his behance channel so I decided to give it a try.  It ain't working for video.  Period.  

Get yo stuff together Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem here happening in my s20. As soon as I open the app I get the message that it has stopped responding. Awful awful! For a 25 secs video I need like two days, no exaggerating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I can add that the same is happening in my iPhone, I know that I have to wait a couple.of minutes so the project upload to the cloud. But I ve waited all day and nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you! So frustrating. I can't edit because if I pause and click on a segment it will never play again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For everyone here having issues (iPad Pro or otherwise):

This usually does the trick for me if Rush stalls out (I've identified one particular audio clip that causes issues in my projects, but it could vary from person to person and device to device): 

1. Close out your project, and sign out of Rush and Creative Cloud ON ALL DEVICES.
  2. RESTART YOUR DEVICE/COMPUTER, and make sure you don't have any memory-intensive ("RAM-hogging") apps running while you're starting up (I never run Photoshop, Illustrator, or Microsoft Office apps while working on videos).
  3. Sign back into your Creative Cloud Desktop App.
  4. For Windows Users: Hold CTRL + SHIFT buttons while starting Adobe Rush - this will tell Rush you want a "fresh start" without losing your projects; it will open the Starter Tutorial like you were starting for the first time - simply close the tutorial, and your projects will be available.
  5. Open your project, and BE SURE TO WAIT for it to FULLY SYNC. Then try editing and/or exporting, and you should be good to go... but just in case:
  6. IF NEEDED:
    -double check that any Adobe Fonts you may be using are activated and connected
    -re-add any missing assets to the project bin
  7. Last Resort: DUPLICATE the project and try working from the fresh copy.

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is the same issue that I am experience.

Is it possible this may be due to storage/RAM issues? I currently checked the storage on my iPad Pro (4th gen) and Premiere rush was taking 97 GB of my storage. I have 28 GB of free storage left. Although the website adobe premiere shows requirements for each system (Windows, MacOS and IOS), it doesn't specify the RAM requirement for IOS. Is it possible that the workload of the content being edited has an impact on the device's ability to perform smoothly. I would recommend to try to constantly flush out the RAM of your device, especially when dealing with large clips when editing.

My shortened long answer from - https://nktechspace.quora.com/?invite_code=fZyfGvdjCw82Ufw1v8wY 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Storage not it. I have over 700mb of storage. Latest version has nothing to do with it's performance on iPad Pro 13". It sounds like Rush is a low priority. That the person who got it developed has nothing to do with it's maintainance. Now Adobe is trying to judge by the quantity and passion of our reports whether it's worth their time to fix it. Like everyone knows, it worked OK until this year it didn't. I am very happy for the person the recent update worked for. That is not my situation. Error reports! Give me a break! It's an iPad! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GB. I meant gigabytes. When I was your age a megabyte was a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines