• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Rush 1.5 mp4 files from Zoom call added to project only show audio, no video

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for your help. First I was not able to see mp4 files in media browser at all when creating a Rush project. I did every windows update and ASUS firmware update that was pending. Now I can see and add mp4 files to the project but they only play audio, no video. 

I added the same kind of mp4 file (from a zoom video call) to my projects and edited successfully just a week ago. I uninstalled and reinstalled Rush twice. Now I'm out of ideas and this project is due. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Thanks, suggestions always appreciated. I save the zoom recording on my computer and always use the mp4 version.  In this case I tried other videos too, even the adobe sample videos didn't work and an mp4 zoom video that I successfully edited with Rush last week didn't work. 

I did find a temporary fix by reverting to the previous version of Rush and it works fine. I wish I had realized that you can revert to previous versions of the software 4 days ago. But I hope you will tell your devs that t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about the trouble. We can get this checked.

• Can you share your system details (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)?
  • Does it only happen with Zoom recordings?
  • It could be related to an issue with screen recorded footage. Could you try transcoding them through third-party software like HabdBrake and see if that helps?

Let us know,

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASUS Tuf gaming A15: Ryzen 7, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GEForce GTX

I've converted the video to several different mp4 formats, doesn't change anything

I even tried bringing in one of your sample videos and same problem. The player shows an audio track but the video preview is black screen, nothing there. 

Extremely frustrating. I used this software just a week ago and it was fine. Now I'm completely shut down. 

I checked my settings. I don't think I changed anything significant.  Is it possible I inadvertently clicked something that drastically changed this software? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd appreciate it if someone could respond. I provided the information you asked for and tried the method you requested with no success. This product has been completely non-functional for several days now. Was there an update to the software recently? There's no explanation for why it stopped working. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice, the second time clearing preferences and cache. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. 

• Can you try switching Audio Input to No Input and see if that helps? Edit > Preferences. 
  • Could you check if there's an update available for your GPU driver?

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the audio setting. No change, didn't fix.

I applied every possible windows update and NVIDIA update. No change, didn't fix. 

I still have a black screen, no video, just audio. With every video clip that I have tried, not just the original one I was working on. I even tried an mp4 file that I successfully edited on this computer with the same Rush software last week Black screen, no video, only audio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you've checked, but maybe worth checking again.

Zoom allows separate downloads:  Video+audio / Only Audio / Chat

Maybe the wrong download link was used? Hope it's that easy.

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 12.57.48 PM.png

Using Zoom Download #1 (see waveform @ bottom of video track)

Screen-Shot-2021-03-22-at-2.14.52-PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, suggestions always appreciated. I save the zoom recording on my computer and always use the mp4 version.  In this case I tried other videos too, even the adobe sample videos didn't work and an mp4 zoom video that I successfully edited with Rush last week didn't work. 

I did find a temporary fix by reverting to the previous version of Rush and it works fine. I wish I had realized that you can revert to previous versions of the software 4 days ago. But I hope you will tell your devs that the latest version of Rush has this problem. It is also a problem for latest version of Premiere Pro which will not even load properly for me (until I reverted to the previous version of that too which also works fine). Very odd. I updated every possible thing on this computer and GPU to try to make them work. I'm now stuck on an older version of Rush so I hope this issue gets resolved soon. I've seen people on Twitter say they have the same problem. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for updating us. We'll keep more eyes on this.

Let us know if anything else crops up.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines