• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Rush Beta on Apple Silicon (M1) hardware

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! With the release of Apple's new hardware, we wanted to provide some information on the performance of our beta versions on these new machines.

This does not impact installing the official release of Premiere Rush.app on the new M1 computers running the Rosetta 2 Emulation. These notes apply specifically to running the beta of Premiere Rush (Beta).app on the new Apple Silicon M1 computers released November 2020 – MacBook Air M1, MacBook Pro M1, MacMini M1

Here's the information on which features are supported on the new Apple Silicon M1 hardware when using the Premiere Rush Beta.

• H.264 and HEVC video import is supported, most other video formats are not yet supported.
  • Importing .M4A audio files is supported, but importing .MP3 audio files is not yet supported.
  • Importing .PNG, .GIF, and .JPEG files are supported, other still images are not yet supported.
  • Importing images directly from Photoshop files (.PSD) is not yet supported

Now for the exports!

• H.264 export to your device is supported, but exporting directly to social media platforms is not yet supported.

And everything else

• Exporting locally is supported, but project syncing to the Cloud is not yet supported. This includes moving projects between the Premiere Rush Beta and the official release.
  • Most Rush Beta features have performance improvements on the M1 compared to previous versions of Rush official release.
  • Auto-Reframe and Pan & Zoom are supported but can decrease playback quality and export speeds in this version.
  • There is a known issue where audio playback intermittently fails when you add a soundtrack to the timeline. If this happens, closing and reopening the project should resolve the problem.

We expect the majority of these features to become available in the upcoming beta releases, so check for updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop App regularly! If you have feedback or encounter issues, please share it directly with the product team on the Rush UserVoice Forum.

Hope this helps shed some light on the topic! 

TOPICS
Desktop version , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Caroline

Me, as an actually very, very unsatisfied customer, esp. w/ Adobe Rush/its sync fuction/stability, want to ask you:

Dont you think Adode should take more care for existing customers AND the reliability/stability of its software products?

Usindg Rush is a mess, actually!

It does not stable sync, so very often projects are only able to be opened/synced from another device, which is very time consuming. It has to bee synced again from this oterh device to get it opened again on the first device and to expect the same error/behaviour again and again.

I cannot suggest Adobe at the moment; more a pitty is to be depending on this messy software.

Regards,
Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also facing challenge after challenge on this software and its support for M1 Apple Silicon. Every project that I import video to in the past two weeks imports the video with a green/pink/red block on the video. It's unusable! When I look up solutions to my problems everything is for Intel based systems and the recommendation is to check for updates and get the latest driver...but what if I'm on the latest of everything and still have this issue?

One way was to rename the file extension but even that hasn't been an effective workaround. Looking forward to a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines