Highlighted

Premiere rush can't open mac photos library

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit a video in my Mac Photos library using Premiere Rush. I can see the library from the "select media" screen, but the folder won't open and show my videos. I have verified that Rush has access to Photos in System Prefs - Privacy.

Anyone know how to fix this?Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 2.14.16 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gerikp | Adobe Community Professional

You'll have to drag your photos and videos out of the photos.app and into another folder and then import into Rush from that folder.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere rush can't open mac photos library

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit a video in my Mac Photos library using Premiere Rush. I can see the library from the "select media" screen, but the folder won't open and show my videos. I have verified that Rush has access to Photos in System Prefs - Privacy.

Anyone know how to fix this?Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 2.14.16 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gerikp | Adobe Community Professional

You'll have to drag your photos and videos out of the photos.app and into another folder and then import into Rush from that folder.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 28, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cow - Rush on Mac can't import videos directly from the photos library? Plus, there's no option under the File menu to import media using the standard MacOS interface for grabbing files from the file structure? That seems crazy for a Mac video editor.

Guess I'll have to use iMovie.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easist and fastest way to work around this astonishing issue is to open the project on your iphone or ipad. Import the files, then name and save it to CC. All will be present when project is opened on Mac. One hopes Adobe will update the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This might be helpful in reducing my headaches with the program. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not Adobe, it's Apple. They sequester all images in Photos. You can work with them on your phone, but not on the Mac. Same goes for photos and LR or PS. We all have these temp folders on our desktops that we use to jump the files over. Idiotic. Please don't use iMovie.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is %100 the goofiest s**t I have ever came across in my entire life. I have been working on trying to export from 'Photos.app' for around 4 days and I finally thought to myself, "Ty, You're not stupid, you're missing something". Lo and behold I'm not the only one who can't figure this s**t out. I'm legitimately baffled at the fact a function this simple is not incorporated, whether it be Apple's or Adobe's fault, get a grip and fix this. I have many 10's of GB's worth of videos I need edited and I am now going to have to transfer them to the desktop and then export to CC to be able to do anyhting with them.WHAT A HEADACHE. 

Not only this, all of my videos are on iCloud and I have to download, then Transfer, Then EXPORT. I am so very upset. One video is going to take about an hour to move because of the size of the files. UGHHH.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 3
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I delete Premiere rush for this reason. Too much media to transfer, and not motivate to use disk space for that, it's crazy!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0