• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Rush File Size Larger Than Combined Clips

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one video, in 720p, of the MP4 file format. It's 4.6 MB.
I have a second similar video, also in 720, MP4 - but this one is 11.9 MB.

In Premier Rush, I simply combined them together. I separated the Audio Track from them both, and deleted them. I then added a single, Wipe Left transition between the two clips. 

The exported file size to MP4, is now 143 MB. 

What has caused this to happen?

Additional info: 
I tried again just adding the two clips, and it also returns a similar file size. This is without the removed audio files, and transition.

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem - I'm importing a 2-hour video, cutting it down to 1 hour, and the result is a file 6x larger than the original. I finally got that to render, but I cannot get it to upload to youtube. It's not the first time I've edited a video to be shorter and ended up with a larger file. I don't understand that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem, a 1.33GB mp4 file with a few pieces cut out became a 13GB file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up using theWindows 10 Photos app. It took me less than half the time to cut the parts I didn't want and I had no issue exporting and then uploading to youtube. And, the final file size was just under the original. I'm done with Rush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines