Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Rush keeps crashing on start up

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have noticed a lot of people have an issue with Rush freezing and crashing but I'm actually a step earlier than that. I'm trying to launch Rush but after a few seconds it crashes and asks me if I want to send a crash report.

This has been going on for a couple of days. I tried downgrading, updating, restarting my PC, updating graphics card drivers. Media Encoder behaves in an identical way.

I'm on Win 10. Any help would be appreciated! I've got some deadlines I'm about to miss....

TOPICS
Crash , Desktop version , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Thanks for sending the dump file over. It does seem that NVIDIA drivers are the root cause. Not 100% sure but looks likely. Can you please follow the steps in this link and see if it helps? Let us know if that helps. If not we'll keep digging. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/56901/correct-way-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-geforce-dri/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mateuszp, 

Sorry Rush and AME haven't been launching. Can you please launch Rush and wait for it to freeze, then create a dump file before it crashes?

To get the process dump file:
  1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the keyboard.
  2. Select Task Manager.
  3. Go to the Processes tab and click More details.
  4. Right-click the process for which you need to create a dump file. Select Create Dump File.
  5. Upload the file (it's large) to somewhere I can download? 

If you can also do the same for AME that will hopefully give us a good idea of what's going on. 

Also, if you haven't already, can you submit your crash when the Crash Reporter dialog appears? 

Thanks for your help, 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sending the dump file over. It does seem that NVIDIA drivers are the root cause. Not 100% sure but looks likely. Can you please follow the steps in this link and see if it helps? Let us know if that helps. If not we'll keep digging. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/56901/correct-way-to-uninstall-and...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

you are an absolute star! It worked like a charm.

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news! Happy editing!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue trying to launch and import video MP4 files into Rush, im not sure how to do the NVIDIA fix outlines above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to start rush with admin rights, that did not work. I send over the dump file as well.

Would be great if I could get some support on this. With the older version of Rush I never had any problems. The new update did this ...

thanks

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. It's so frustrating! Except for me it is the app on my phone that keeps crashing as soon as I load it. It's been happening for a while now. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines